• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

County Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_mac

Established Member
I just wondered if anyone else was not getting any work done watching the outcome....

I though it was all over yesterday when Hampshire followed on, but now Warwickshire still need another 5 wickets and are 100 runs behind.
Lancs need 180 runs in the last session to win - this should be possible, but.....

...exciting, isn't it!?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hampshire remaining stubborn, Lancashire rattling along at 7.5 an over.....

maybe it's possible.......
2 wickets down, but only 74 more needed......

Hants still holding firm, I think that game is pretty much settled.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
My team have been also rans in the CC this season. Again. And they've just lost their 3rd T20 final on the bounce.

Everything is crossed for the 40 over final this Saturday.

Come on Somerset!

tony_mac

Established Member
Ervine's gone, but Neil McKenzie has done a good job - if he gets out in the penultimate over again then I will be very happy with that!

...46 more needed....

Oh dear, Bates gone first ball, I wonder how many overs they have left...

..42 needed.....

Lad Brookes

Radio's on. Not much work being done. In-laws are from Lancashire, and I backed them at the start of the season (most home matches at Aigburth, where low scoring matches are the norm, so not too many draws expected, which has always been the problem) so half-supporting them.

I'm a Surrey member and had a great day at The Oval yesterday. Felt a bit sorry for Northants after being up there all season until the last round of matches (much like Glamorgan last season really).

Lad Brookes

When Surrey won the Championship in '99 for the first time since 1971, they put the price of a pint in the pavilion back to 1971 prices (11p IIRC) for a day.
Will Lancashire put their beer prices back to 1934? :D

tony_mac

Established Member
draw at the Rose bowl.......
and it's all over!

The title goes to Lancs; I wasn't expecting that at 10:00 this morning!

Oswyntail

Established Member
"Cricket - bloody hell!". Great achievement by a team almost everyone were writing off at the start of the season. And Yorkshire go down too. Mustn't gloat....really mustn't!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Match statistics

Somerset.......first innings.......380 all out
Lancashire.....first innings........480 all out

Somerset.......second innings....310 all out
Lancashire.....second innings....213 for 2 wickets (in only 29.1 overs)

Lancashire scored at 7.31 runs per over in their second innings in the run chase to obtain the victory they needed.. It must have been attractive batting as 1382 runs were scored in the four match days for the loss of 32 wickets which equates to 43.18 runs per wicket.

tony_mac

Established Member
It was a fine run-chase. Earlier in the season Lancs needed 120 in 15 overs to beat Yorkshire and made it - and this was better (obviously no fielding restrictions either).

It's been the weather rather than a low-scoring pitch that has helped them - they have actually been scoring more runs at Aigburth than at Old Trafford last year.

At Old Trafford they had 5 draws, and 4 of them were fairly badly weather affected. Only the (solitary) draw with Warwickshire this year saw as much lost time as any of those 4 games.
2 home games have been won in the last 5 minutes of the final day, so even marginally better weather can make a big difference to the points total.

ACE1888

Good to see the final day of the season being an exciting one, well done to Lancashire, county cricket needs days like this to keep it 'relevant' to the general public...Good luck to Somerset in the CB40 Final tomorrow

Buttsy

Established Member
Having watched Lancashire capitulate to my team at New Road in 1.5 days a couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised they've pulled it off as they looked like they didn't know what end of the bat to hold over those days.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Having watched Lancashire capitulate to my team at New Road in 1.5 days a couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised they've pulled it off as they looked like they didn't know what end of the bat to hold over those days.

Every team are entitled to off-days. Lancashire won 10 of their 16 matches this season, which is a more correct view of their performance as a team.

furryfeet

how long a contract have Lancashire offered Keedy ?

I know that Warwickshire have offered 3 years and Keedy said yesterday evening that "he needs to decide in private, with his family"

Whistler40145

Established Member
I hope Keedy stays @ Lancashire. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to leave now they have won the County Championship.

Do we know if there are any releases or retirements from Old Trafford?

bnm

Established Member
Match statistics

Somerset.......first innings.......380 all out
Lancashire.....first innings........480 all out

Somerset.......second innings....310 all out
Lancashire.....second innings....213 for 2 wickets (in only 29.1 overs)

Lancashire scored at 7.31 runs per over in their second innings in the run chase to obtain the victory they needed.. It must have been attractive batting as 1382 runs were scored in the four match days for the loss of 32 wickets which equates to 43.18 runs per wicket.

As a Somerset fan, not much fun to listen to, but congratulations to Lancashire.

Now all this talk earlier about teams not having won the County Championship for x years. Come down to Somerset and really fell the pain. We've never won it. :cry:

ACE1888

how long a contract have Lancashire offered Keedy ?

I know that Warwickshire have offered 3 years and Keedy said yesterday evening that "he needs to decide in private, with his family"
He's only 37, got years in him yet, I'm 43 and been playing for the same side for 29 seasons now (Ludgvan 2nd's Division 6 West) we've just won our league(after being relegated last year), got the Cornwall Division 6 West v 6 East 'Final' at St Blazey tomorrow v Foxhole, weather permitting to finish off the season, on a personal note, I averaged 96.5 with the bat this year 14 innings 8 Not outs 579 runs, with a top score of 101 Not Out, not bad for an old bugger eh??;)
(I know this because I get to do the Averages each year for the team:lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.