• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Courses or Qulaifications to make me stand out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker400

Hello everyone,

I've been hanging around on the forums for a while and just have a question for you all. I'm currently employed in the RAF as an Air Traffic Controller but I am looking to get out in about 3 years time once I've done enough to receive my half pention and will be looking to try and become a Train Driver.

I know 3 years is a long way off but I am eligible for £6000 to put towards course fees for additional qualifications and I was wondering if there is anything someone can recommend that will help me stand out when applying for Driver jobs and that will benefit me in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil.

Established Member
All you need is common sense and intelligence - the two aren't inextricably linked. Currently, the rail system is one of the few organisations where formal educational qualifications are not required but, having said that, good spelling and grammar on an application form may help your case. As a serving military organisation member you're used to wearing a uniform and working to rules and discipline so that's extra brownie points.

Tracker400

All you need is common sense and intelligence - the two aren't inextricably linked. Currently, the rail system is one of the few organisations where formal educational qualifications are not required but, having said that, good spelling and grammar on an application form may help your case. As a serving military organisation member you're used to wearing a uniform and working to rules and discipline so that's extra brownie points.

Thanks for your input. If that is indeed the case I guess I'll just have to look for courses that I fill will benefit me personally instead of professionally. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.