• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Covent Garden station re-opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
I went to Covent Garden yesterday and was surprised that the station has re-opened. When did it re-open and have the other stations on the Underground that were shut for Covid, re-opened?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Reopened as exit only 0700-1900 M-F 24 August 2020. Normal opening hours from 14 September.

Heathrow Terminal 4 station remains closed.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When did it re-open and have the other stations on the Underground that were shut for Covid, re-opened?
Excluding Terminal 4; I think the last station that was closed all day that reopened (albeit for limited hours) was Chalk Farm which opened on Monday 14th Sept; initially from 7am-7pm on Weekdays, then latterly including weekends before a full reopening in Mid Oct.

I’m not sure what station that was on limited hours was the last to resume full hours, but I seem to remember that it wasn’t Chalk Farm.

Excluding Terminal 4; I think the last station that was closed all day that reopened (albeit for limited hours) was Chalk Farm which opened on Monday 14th Sept; initially from 7am-7pm on Weekdays, then latterly including weekends before a full reopening in Mid Oct.

I’m not sure what station that was on limited hours was the last to resume full hours, but I seem to remember that it wasn’t Chalk Farm.
Tufnell Park Reopened around that time. That was open for a limited time aswell I think 07:00-22:30 and closed at weekends

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tufnell Park Reopened around that time. That was open for a limited time aswell I think 07:00-22:30 and closed at weekends
Tufnell Park reopened 31st Aug and then fully on 10th October.

TFN

I am guessing Redbridge as I remember there being a Central Line weekend engineering closure some time in Feb and posters were up at Redbridge stating that the station would remain closed the following Monday to Friday as well due to staff shortage.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am guessing Redbridge as I remember there being a Central Line weekend engineering closure some time in Feb and posters were up at Redbridge stating that the station would remain closed the following Monday to Friday as well due to staff shortage.
I don’t recall any stations being officially closed in the second or third iteration of lockdowns in the manner of the first. Redbridge was closed during half term week, but this was due to short notice non availability of staff, and was not a planned closure with shift changes etc in the manner that the 40 stations closed in March were.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Chancery Lane was still on restricted hours 26 October, finally opened to normal hours Tues 17 November.

Status
Not open for further replies.