• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Covid Vaccine Scam Text Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS 4F

I have been informed of a scam text message telling recipients that they are to have the COVID jab but need to contact the address given with all their details plus bank account etc. The website looks like an NHS site but is of course a scam.
As the first people to get the jab are mainly elderly a particularly nasty try on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hst43102

Sadly there have been a lot of these kind of scams out and about, criminals taking advantage of the elderly and vulnerable at a time when they need more support. It's horrible.

3rd rail land

Scammers will try just about anything to get people to part with their money. I've seen a quite noticeable rise in dodgy emails in recent months. I can see how older, less technologically able people ,ight be able to tell its a scam.

As for a COVID vaccine scam as long as people are aware it is only on the NHS it should be easy to tell it is a scam. The NHS will already have your details and of course you do not have to pay for the jab so you will never be asked for any financial details of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.