• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cracking Crompton II : 33207 hauls 55002 to Barrow Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

wensley

Established Member
With 47798 heading to Carnforth last night it seemed worth a punt and heading out for 0Z47, hoping it would throw up 33207. I was in luck, the 'Crompton' and Deltic passed through Sherburn bang on time allowing for a nice capture of the locos together on the mainline...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clagmonsterrail/7413900872/in/photostream

My other shot from this morning is of one-off liveried 66709 on a train of loaded coal from Scotland. At last! A full train photo of this loco in action.http://www.flickr.com/photos/clagmonsterrail/7413891494/in/photostream/

The weather was sh*t, but at least it stopped raining for the photos, it was worth spending two hours in the soggy shed that serves as a waiting shelter for these two shots I reckon!!

Comments please :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Actually it's 55002, which is going to Barrow Hill for OTMR fitment, then on to the ELR (with D9009) where both will undergo 60 mph testing. 55019 is currently on 'holiday' in Norfolk. I have corrected the subject line!

Crimson_Quiff

Actually it's 55002, which is going to Barrow Hill for OTMR fitment, then on to the ELR (with D9009) where both will undergo 60 mph testing. 55019 is currently on 'holiday' in Norfolk. I have corrected the subject line!

D'oh! I'll go to specsavers before correcting someone again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.