• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Craigentinny Depot Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

helinlouise

Hi,

Would anyone have the number for the Craigentinny depot? I left my bag on the train last nught when I got off at Newcastle. It was terminating at Edinburgh Waverley at 23.16 but the train manager when contacted by station staff said it was going to the depot.
I've filed a lost property notice but have been told it can take up to two weeks for the Hitatchi staff to bring the lost property to the station. I was hoping to drive up this afternoon if it was still at the depot but no one seems to have a number for it.
Any help is hugely appreciated.
Thanks
Helen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi,

Would anyone have the number for the Craigentinny depot? I left my bag on the train last nught when I got off at Newcastle. It was terminating at Edinburgh Waverley at 23.16 but the train manager when contacted by station staff said it was going to the depot.
I've filed a lost property notice but have been told it can take up to two weeks for the Hitatchi staff to bring the lost property to the station. I was hoping to drive up this afternoon if it was still at the depot but no one seems to have a number for it.
Any help is hugely appreciated.
Thanks
Helen
I very much doubt that you'll be granted admittance to the depot, even if someone did risk their job by giving you the number.

Unfortunately you will just have to go through the standard lost luggage procedures, and hope it's found.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Your best bet would be to phone the appropriate TOC (LNER presumably?) Customer services line and contact their twitter account. If the bag can be positively identified without opening it then it's possible they can arrange to bring the bag back to Waverley station quicker. You can also try contacting Waverley station directly as its NR managed, in case the bag was found before the train went to the depot.

As others have said, it's extremely unlikely you'll be allowed into the depot, especially in COVID times. Given what's happened with Hitachi trains recently, the depot will be working flat out to keep the trains running.

Status
Not open for further replies.