• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Create your own rosters with BVE Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

As you may have seen elsewhere, Alistair Campbell has produced a nifty little program.

BVE Launcher was originally designed to launch routes regardless of where they are stored (such as on a CD, for example).

However, it can also be used to create your own Duty Roster. You can join together your favourite runs, in whichever order you please, and drive them in that order, one after the other. Your Roster is saved as a small batch file - very easy to share via email with your friends! Why not challenge them to drive it?

It gives me great pleasure to be able to host this program. Click on the image below to visit my site and get a copy.

Regards

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
eezypeazy said:
As you may have seen elsewhere, Alistair Campbell has produced a nifty little program.

Isn't he a Labour Party spin doctor? :p

Sturdjos

Can it also be used for BVE 2?

Also, can you make it so (without BRR Route Randomiser) you can run trains to real time (or your computer clock?)

eezypeazy

Sturdjos said:
Can it also be used for BVE 2?

Also, can you make it so (without BRR Route Randomiser) you can run trains to real time (or your computer clock?)

Yes, it can be used for BVE 2.

No, it doesn't allow you to change the timetable - it simply strings together existing routes. However, there is a Timetable Editor tool that allows route timetables to be edited relatively easily (although it doesn't produce the BVE 4 display bitmap). Sadly, the Timetable Editor tool is offline, and my attempts to contact the author have so far failed.

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

nutter said:
I can't get it to work :cry:. It says 'invalid filename' when I try and launch BVE (2or4). It looks like I haven't installed it right. Please help

You need to specify the path to the BVE 2 and BVE 4 programs.. try that...

eezypeazy

nutter

eezypeazy said:
You need to specify the path to the BVE 2 and BVE 4 programs.. try that...

eezypeazy

Done that. But now when I try and run BVE 2 or 4 (BVE 2 wont start at all) i don't get any response when I click to start BVE, it just exists without notification

BVE2 won't start up with Route randomiser either, and when I try and start it on it's own it says the parimeter is incorrect.

I don't use route randomiser with BVE4 but BVE4 works on it's own without any add-on programs

eezypeazy

nutter said:
Done that. But now when I try and run BVE 2 or 4 (BVE 2 wont start at all) i don't get any response when I click to start BVE, it just exists without notification

BVE2 won't start up with Route randomiser either, and when I try and start it on it's own it says the parimeter is incorrect.

I don't use route randomiser with BVE4 but BVE4 works on it's own without any add-on programs

Then I don't think that your problem is with BVE Launcher.

I suspect that you've not installed your versions of BVE to the default locations. Have a look here http://forums.atomic-systems.com/viewtopic.php?t=53710&sid=8b6eed468b9af02be8773e949b354d56 for a guide to where the default locations are.

BVE Launcher has been downloaded 43 times since last night, and this is the first report of a problem.

Route Randomiser can be worth using with BVE 4, because it enables you to easily swap trains, without editing route files.

Regards

eezypeazy

Status
Not open for further replies.