• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Credentials & suitability of cabinet ministers

Status
Not open for further replies.

A0wen

On Moderation
Moderator note: split from 'MML Electrification'
Oh trust me - I totally agree. I just wish the incumbent of a post where engineering knowledge would be an asset was chosen more carefully.

Not always a recommendation though. After all, the last Labour government had an Education Secretary who was a former teacher and she was pretty hopeless - though to be fair not as hopeless as the current Shadow Education Secretary who manages the feat of making pieces of 4'x2' in my local DIY store seem intelligent.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Senex

Established Member
Not always a recommendation though. After all, the last Labour government had an Education Secretary who was a former teacher and she was pretty hopeless - though to be fair not as hopeless as the current Shadow Education Secretary who manages the feat of making pieces of 4'x2' in my local DIY store seem intelligent.......
Surely that's a trifle unfair — the Shadow Education Secretary seems at least as much master of her brief as the Foreign Secretary does of his.

B&I

Established Member
Surely that's a trifle unfair — the Shadow Education Secretary seems at least as much master of her brief as the Foreign Secretary does of his.

But he is a Tory, sounds a bit posh, and is therefore above reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.