• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cresston V4 OB - Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
Some of the members on here that use Railworks may or may not know that an open beta of Cresston V4 is to be released soon. I have recently been doing a daily countdown, featuring a new screenshot daily. Here are what has been posted so far.

Click to Enlarge

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
It looks great! Yet more high quality Railworks routes from our local route developer! :)

Can I just ask, where did you get the East Coast 91 in the '14 days to go' screenshot?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That looks like a HST to me

Yeah that's an HST for sure.

I'm guessing you can download that reskin from UKTrainSim or somewhere like that.

Actually that's quite an interesting reskin as I don't think EC HSTs have ever carried that livery in real life. I'm sure they were all repainted into NX silver/white before the franchise was handed back so there wouldn't have been any left in GNER blue/red.

Established Member
As far as I know they were, although I did end up on one which was in ex-NXEC livery except for the one Mk3 in ex-GNER livery once.

HST Power

Established Member
Yeah that's an HST for sure.

Actually that's quite an interesting reskin as I don't think EC HSTs have ever carried that livery in real life. I'm sure they were all repainted into NX silver/white before the franchise was handed back so there wouldn't have been any left in GNER blue/red.

What's wrong with me, I call myself HST Power and I mix up a 91 and a HST......not a good start to the day!

I'm quite sure you're right about the livery. I thought only the 91s had the blue one. The HSTs were in National Express East Coast, and then the NX branding was removed when NX lost the franchise and it was nationalised again, replaced with the East Coast livery. (trading as Directly Operated Railways).

Darandio

Established Member
I'd say you are all probably right, I should really have used the GNER skin with the NX branding. A rare slip up on liveries by myself. :D

Anyway, more countdown shots followed by work done on the upgrade to Oakbridge, a two tier interchange station. Some who are familiar with older versions of the route will notice some changes.

Click to Enlarge

and the Oakbridge update..........

HST Power

Established Member
Have you ever considered doing video tutorials for how to make routes? I think you would be quite good at that!

I would like to do a route myself, but I haven't been on Railworks for ages. Battlefield 3 has taken priority!

Status
Not open for further replies.