• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe disruption (23/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkender102

No trains calling at Crewe - we've been told to go to Warrington to pick up a London train but surely that will be via Crewe? Unless they are being diverted around Crewe. I'm temped to stay on this Chester to Manchester train and pick up a Manchester to London via Stoke. Anyone got any info. No one at the station
Or on the train seems to have any idea what is going on

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
No trains calling at Crewe - we've been told to go to Warrington to pick up a London train but surely that will be via Crewe? Unless they are being diverted around Crewe. I'm temped to stay on this Chester to Manchester train and pick up a Manchester to London via Stoke. Anyone got any info. No one at the station
Or on the train seems to have any idea what is going on

Haven't got full details but National Rail site are reporting signalling problems.

parkender102

Yes all clear - we've just passed through Crewe but delayed our journey by an hour probably scotching any chances of catching any play at The Ashes at the Oval today! Hopefully get there in time to see the Trophy Presentation

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Yes all clear - we've just passed through Crewe but delayed our journey by an hour probably scotching any chances of catching any play at The Ashes at the Oval today! Hopefully get there in time to see the Trophy Presentation

It's not over yet!
But your luck probably means you will have to leave for Euston just as play resumes later...
I've been in a similar position. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.