• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe Heritage Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamp

"Apart from Special Events we are closed to the public until Easter 2009"

Whys that?

-Adam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
It's normal as far as I know - pretty sure it wasn't open in the winter season last year.

Phoenix

Established Member
It's normal as far as I know - pretty sure it wasn't open in the winter season last year.

It is actually I tired going there I year sunday and was told it was shut but begged for them to let me take shots and the bugger off.
Last time I went though they were doing a fair bit of work to the place.

I went in August in the 2005 and it was very surreal, like having the place to myself save a few volunteers!! Are they quite accomodating with allowing you to look in the cab of the 370?

Phoenix

Established Member
I went in August in the 2005 and it was very surreal, like having the place to myself save a few volunteers!! Are they quite accomodating with allowing you to look in the cab of the 370?

I wouldn't bet on it really i think it will go as far as you being able to walk around the whole of the site to take shots of the rolling stock and maybe some poking your camera around corners but nothing to amazing.
To be honest it's only worth poping down between things to do when your around crewe.
Plus don't forget to phot the steam engine in the Tesco car park.

xc170

I went in august and was the only one there, I think its closed because there doing some work to it or something:D

Adam

Established Member

When I went yonks ago there was a Hymek that worked on the miniature railway, used to run down by the ATP if i remember right. Scored it in obviously, had another miniature Hymek this year at the Spa Valley this year as well :oops:

Established Member
But I have never seen this Hymek though (come on baggy help me out)

He's told you its on the miniature railway next to the enterance and i've posted a link to photo, what more do you want?

Phoenix

Established Member
He's told you its on the miniature railway next to the enterance and i've posted a link to photo, what more do you want?

I want you both to say that it was easy for me to think you were talking about the GWR prototype (although it's not a hydraulic but i know nothing) as although I have seen the miniture railway I have never seen the tinymek.

Established Member
In post 10 I said the Hymek that works on the miniature railway and then 3 posts later you asked if it was some GWR prototype device so if you had read my post you would have seen that we were opn about the miniature railway, unless of course this GWR thing is a miniature railway engine but knowing nothing about it i couldn't comment!

Established Member
When I went yonks ago there was a Hymek that worked on the miniature railway, used to run down by the ATP if i remember right. Scored it in obviously, had another miniature Hymek this year at the Spa Valley this year as well :oops:

Come to the Great Cockcrow Railway next year and you can get haulage behind another hymek, in SWT BLue!!!!!

:D

Established Member
It is actually I tired going there I year sunday and was told it was shut but begged for them to let me take shots and the bugger off.
Last time I went though they were doing a fair bit of work to the place.

What?:|

1K73

The heritage centre is open on the last Sunday in January for a model railway show, and the lads from CHC usually get involved - the whole site is open for viewing while at last years show 03073 was available on 'Driver for a Fiver' duties on the running line.

Can't remember whether the Petrol Hymek was in operation but it's a bit of a monster....best regular diesel working out of Crewe anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.