• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe - Nailsea & Backwell "Via Hereford" Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I'm looking to do the St Philips Marsh diversion in Bristol during the week of 30 August.

Looking at the various and some obvious split points, I have came across the Anytime Return "Route: Via Hereford" fare at £48.90 (DSB Railcard).

Also, as I intend stopping off in the West Midlands on the way back to visit my mum, does the above fare allow me to go via Stourbridge Junction, or is it one of these where I would also have to go via Craven Arms as well (therefore not allowing use via Stourbridge, Birmingham, or Wolverhampton/Stafford)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Unfortunately the only valid route for that fare is via Craven Arms. So you can't go via Birmingham.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
If you just want to stop off in Stourbridge Jn, the Crewe-Bristol off-peak return (£50.05 with railcard) is Any Permitted so you could go south via Hereford and north via Cheltenham/Worcester/Stourbridge Jn (after 0930 each way).
What you can't do is go Bristol-Newport-Hereford-Worcester-Stourbridge Jn.
Although in BR days I'm sure this would have been allowed.

Haywain

Veteran Member
As the OP wishes, I believe, to avoid Bristol then an Off Peak Return, route Any Permitted, to Bedminster or Parson Street might do the job. Alternatively, a return to Bristol and perhaps get a Bristol area Freedom Travelpass for the day.

D.K.TAYLOR

I'm looking to do the St Philips Marsh diversion in Bristol during the week of 30 August.

Looking at the various and some obvious split points, I have came across the Anytime Return "Route: Via Hereford" fare at £48.90 (DSB Railcard).

Also, as I intend stopping off in the West Midlands on the way back to visit my mum, does the above fare allow me to go via Stourbridge Junction, or is it one of these where I would also have to go via Craven Arms as well (therefore not allowing use via Stourbridge, Birmingham, or Wolverhampton/Stafford)?
I did the diversion on the first day l started of at Stourbridge Junction to Worcester Stations £5-30.
Then a Worcester Stations to Parsons Street £10 which is also viable via Hereford with a Senior Rail card
Don't know if you can work around these 2 fares good luck

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Then a Worcester Stations to Parsons Street £10 which is also viable via Hereford with a Senior Rail card
I dont think so - via Hereford would be a considerable detour for that journey and isn't a permitted route as far as I can tell.

D6975

Established Member
30 August??
Trains are running direct via TM that week according to RTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.