• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe Open Day Class 37 trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure where to put this...
Does anyone know if there is an additional fee to use the Cardiff - Crewe class 37 trip being put on by Arriva Trains Wales, or can you use normal tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
afaik i don't think you can use normal tickets on it. Me and FGWfan are considering getting it up together if I can come so he'd be the man to ask, he obviously knows as he said we can both go for £20 somehow.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I know that Rail Magazine are doing a special 'buy one get one free' offer, but that's only for 2 people.
I can get there for £17.50 Rtn, but I dont mind paying a tad extra for a more entertaining journey...

...and a window view

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
hmm that must have been what FGWfan has proposed to me then! we're probably going together if I can get the day off so will be good to see you on board!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure about this trip, but on the ATW class 47 specials from Manchester to Cardiff, standard tickets are being accepted. The only tickets not valid are apex. Even supersavers are valid!

I would have thought that similar conditions would apply to these specials.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Apex doesn't have the same rules of 'validity' as other tickets. Along with SuperAdvance and other advance purchase tickets, it's only for use on the train specified on the ticket (although in the case of connecting local trains, any can be used, if applicable).

So it is more correct to say Apexes aren't available for this train, rather than not valid.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry, I'm just quoting Arriva Trains Wales here :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeed, yorkie is certainly correct there.

RAIL are indeed doing a 2 for 1 offer, but this offer is restricted in its use, the conditions of which I don't have to hand.

I've invited HSTfan!!! as he is the closest one I can take along with me for this trip.

I can't remember whether normal tickets are available on this train or not, but I recall reading that the part of Blaenau Ffestiniog is certainly only open to special ticket holders.

I'll see what I can find out, then I'll post again with more details once I've been to the ticket office.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wish we had Arriva instead of Northern, then we might have a York-Leeds-Manchester-Crewe class 37 special, like in the good old days of York-Leeds-Carlisle.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I have to say this now:

Na na na na na!

Seriously, were things better under ATN?

But back to being annoying:

Haha! We've got Arriva! You've got Northern! Na na na na na!

:lol:

Oh man, I enjoyed doing that. Never thought I'd be grateful for the fact we've got Arriva. I certainly haven't been that grateful for it since they took over in late 2003!

Can I do it one more time? Oh why not?:

Na na na na na! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.