• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe station - any work being done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccer

As we cant get out and about I was hoping locals could let me know if there was currently any work being undertaken at Crewe. I know that when they refurbed the canopies they left the portions at the southern end which are a rusty mess. from some photos ive seen recently these do seemed to have been stripped now - are they being done up or replaced maybe? Also does anyone know why they repainted a couple of the centre pillars and not all of them. Crewe is an important station and it was left to get into a right state which didn't befit its status.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
I doubt anyone is going to touch it before whatever is decided for the Crewe Hub scheme starts.

Trainfan2019

I've not seen any hint of work being done at Crewe recently. Rain still pours in through remains of the roof on platforms 1 to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.