Crewe to Blackpool - splits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinsh

Established Member
Next Tuesday I have to travel from Crewe to Blackpool (North) and back. I need to get to Blackpool by about 12.30 (for 1pm meeting), and would probably be coming back around 5pm. No railcard.

I know that splits on this route give a reduction, but which is best ? In the past I have split at Wigan or Warrington. I don't mind travelling by indirect routes, or restricting myself to particular trains.

All advice welcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
There are no day returns from Crewe to Blackpool. A offpeak return is £34-70.
A Stockport - Blackpool North offpeak day return is valid for travel via Crewe and is £16.60

Peter

Squaddie

I think OwlMan's suggestion is better than any split available for this journey.
Undoubtedly - but, to be fair, someone unfamiliar with fare rules may not have understood OwlMan's point (I had to read it a couple of times to see what he was saying).

A Stockport - Blackpool North offpeak day return is valid for travel via Crewe and is £16.60
I assume that this ticket permits break of journey/starting long/finishing short in each direction? And thus the OP could buy that ticket and just start and finish his journey at Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.