• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to Blackpool - splits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinsh

Established Member
Next Tuesday I have to travel from Crewe to Blackpool (North) and back. I need to get to Blackpool by about 12.30 (for 1pm meeting), and would probably be coming back around 5pm. No railcard.

I know that splits on this route give a reduction, but which is best ? In the past I have split at Wigan or Warrington. I don't mind travelling by indirect routes, or restricting myself to particular trains.

All advice welcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
There are no day returns from Crewe to Blackpool. A offpeak return is £34-70.
A Stockport - Blackpool North offpeak day return is valid for travel via Crewe and is £16.60

Peter

John @ home

Established Member
I think OwlMan's suggestion is better than any split available for this journey.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Please note the Lancashire Day Ranger is only valid from Wigan North Western or Manchester Piccadilly.

Squaddie

I think OwlMan's suggestion is better than any split available for this journey.
Undoubtedly - but, to be fair, someone unfamiliar with fare rules may not have understood OwlMan's point (I had to read it a couple of times to see what he was saying).

A Stockport - Blackpool North offpeak day return is valid for travel via Crewe and is £16.60
I assume that this ticket permits break of journey/starting long/finishing short in each direction? And thus the OP could buy that ticket and just start and finish his journey at Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.