• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to Bristol Parkway - best splits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinsh

Established Member
I need to travel from Crewe to Bristol Parkway next Tuesday (April 24th), arriving about 12. Standard fare is £59.40 "offpeak return". I've managed to reduce that to £49.80 by Crewe - Leominster day return (£21.20) plus Leominster - Parkway day return (£28.60) [ depart Crewe 0906, arrive Parkway 1159 ]

Can anyone do better than that ? I don't want to restrict myself to particular trains, as I don't know when I'll be coming back ( probably sometime between 4 and 6)

PS I don't have a railcard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Purchase online at London Midland and book these tickets, London Midland have a sale at the moment so 50% off on fares set by them.

Crewe - Telford Central Off Peak Return Route Any Permitted (stop short at Shrewsbury) £8.99

Wellington (Shropshire) - Cwmbran Route SHREWSBURY (start late at Shrewsbury)
£13.19

Cwmbran - Bristol Parkway Off Peak Day Return Route Any Permitted
£12.50

The fares i have quoted are only available online. And valid at the time you wish to travel on the 0908 from Crewe.

Total cost : £34.68

martinsh

Established Member
Just to say I managed to do this without any problems. Maybe because tickets were only checked twice all day ! Between Newport & PArkway on way out, and near Leopminster on way back [ when technically I didn't have to produce it, as the request was "tickets from Hereford" ]

Status
Not open for further replies.