Crewe to Glasgow tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Mugby, 12 Oct 2018.

1. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

I'll be trying to get from Crewe to Glasgow tomorrow (13 Oct) and I'm getting conflicting information from NRE and Virgin's site.

NRE is saying the Glasgow services are cancelled but the Edinburgh services are running as normal, change at Carlisle for Glasgow.
    Virgin are showing a three hour gap between 0930 and 1230 with nothing in between

I imagine Virgins times are correct but do they filter out any journeys if they are considered to be fully booked?
    What is the most reliable site to go to for correct, up to the minute information please?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. sufian123

sufian123 Member

Via Trent valley are runnin as far as i know.

4. JonathanH

JonathanH Established Member

Services this evening were subject to a 50mph limit between Carlisle and Lancaster - assume something similar tomorrow and therefore a thinning of the service - usually the Glasgow services are reduced as there are two which follow each other in hours when the Trent Valley and Birmingham services both run to Glasgow.

5. neilboo

neilboo Member

They always have coaches that can't be reserved. Often C and U.

6. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

Now, the train which I'm intending to get, the 1209 Crewe to Glasgow is shown as operating on Virgin's site but cancelled on NRE!

7. sufian123

sufian123 Member

Tweet virgin trains or ask station staff.

8. MDB1images

MDB1images Member

The Birmingham-Glasgow/Edinburgh seemed to be terminating at Preston, probably due to the 50mph speed restriction Carnforth to Penrith(due weather).

9. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

Yes that's exactly what happened, I got the 1209 from Crewe and it terminated at Preston. The following Glasgow service left Preston on time at 1341 but had to travel at 50mph as you say and I saw that the Up line was completely flooded in several places.

My arrival in Glasgow was 2 hours late and apparently it was the last train to get through before the line was closed. I was lucky!