• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cricket

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Look, just let me enjoy this moment before it all comes crashing down around my ears in a few hours when England are reduced to not very many for five or six wickets ;)

Good lord I wasn't trying to give an instruction or be prophetic with this comment!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
45-6. Shameful. Bairstow gone. A lovely day for batting and England fail utterly. Series thrown away in in one session.

The England team need to understand the following statement: Winning the world cup means nothing at all now. It is gone. Surrendering the ashes in such a brainless & cack handed fashion is what you will be judged on.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Just noticed a comment on the BBC page, fairly made in my opinion. Both of these sides just aren't very good.

So many clueless people here. Australia loose 8 wickets for 40-odd and it's down to brilliant bowling. England lose 6 for 45 and it's awful batting. You can't have it both ways.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
56-8.

Lets just give up now. Rubbish. Total rubbish.

Burns c Paine b Cummins 9
Roy c Warner b Hazlewood 9
Root c Warner b Hazlewood 0
Denly c Paine b Pattinson 12
Stokes c Warner b Pattinson 8
Bairstow c Warner b Hazlewood 4
Buttler c Khawaja b Hazlewood 5
Woakes c Paine b Cummins 5

DarloRich

Veteran Member
England all out for 67.

112 runs behind. The Aussies will now bat and show how benign the condition are. Shameful, brainless and cowardly. Drop all 11 England players and replace them with blokes out of the park.

Karl

On Moderation
go and stand out in the middle and have a bloke chuck a small dark red ball at you at 90plus mph and then come back and tell me what you think about light. Personally I think with lights they shouldn't be going off but I understand why.

I appreciate your answer. Thank you. I've never played or been to a cricket match but it always baffled me when matches were called off for bad light or a drop of rain. I'm learning now. I'm enjoying cricket at the moment. I don't have a TV but love the radio commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live. The world cup win has perked my interest.

(Oops! As I type, England are all out for 67)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I'll let you into a little secret - I've just spent 15 minutes trying to find out the lowest individual batsman score in a completed test innings, and it is 12, now shared jointly by Joe Denly, Morne Morkel and Kulkarni of India. Ben Stokes certainly played in the test against Morkel, cos he got him out.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I'm enjoying cricket at the moment. I don't have a TV but love the radio commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live. The world cup win has perked my interest.

Fantastic! it is a great game and each format is very different. TMS on BBC radio is superb. It is how I consume cricket. I love the way it is basically a conversation about almost anything into which cricket occasionally interjects!

On the light i honestly don't think it should apply under floodlights. The rain is more to do with the bowlers being able to safely bowl as they put so much effort into their bowling action that they could easily be injured.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Well hold on: The Cheat Warner gone LBW to Broad! Australia 10:1

We really need one of those fantastic bowling spells form Broad.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
No.

The batting performance of England might need an enquiry but the pitch is fine.

There was nothing in it today yet England through a lack of defensive technique and frankly shameful shot selection threw the game and the ashes away

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Australia after 30 overs in their second innings are 89-3, a lead of 201 runs.

Anyone think the prepared wicket is in need of an enquiry?
I think the English batting should be the subject of an enquiry or, more pertinently, why the England selectors and manager persevered with an opener totally unfit for purpose, there being 'no concerns' about him after the Lords' test according to the latter (WHAT???), Joe Root openly disliking batting at no.3, now responding with two consecutive ducks, and Joe Denly being only the third best batsman in the Kent side, yet alone an England no. 3!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was hoping our resident Aussie would have some sort of comment to pass on todays performance! Where have they got to? :'(:'(:'(

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This has all been very strange to watch as a non expert.
Every time there’s been a glimmer of hope we seem to have shot ourselves in both feet (and elbows).
God sport is great though isn’t it? :lol:

stantheman

On Moderation
What was that I said a week ago about Root , the most overrated batsman in the history of English cricket .