• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cricket

Darandio

Established Member
We'll wrap the bowling up in the morning and have 320 to chase. Root will get a cenury and we will win by six wickets.

Come on, every other prediciton in here seems to be coming true.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pakenhamtrain

I was hoping our resident Aussie would have some sort of comment to pass on todays performance! Where have they got to? :'(:'(:'(
Well the football is now over. COLL 10.16 (76) def ESS 10.5 (65) for the record.
That win for Collingwood could see them pinch a top 4 spot.

I would like to see the lead up to 300-350. Its bowler friendly so every run will be valuable.

I dont see England batting like that again.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Hameed has not been the same batsman since he's been back from injury. I can't see him spending much longer in the first class game, which is a shame as there were high hopes for him.

This posting, made quite some time ago, has been correct in all respects. It has now been announced that Lancashire will not be renewing his contract.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
This posting, made quite some time ago, has been correct in all respects. It has now been announced that Lancashire will not be renewing his contract.

Yes, sad to see him go and I'd forgotten that I'd even posted that. Better head off now for the job of Cricket Correspondent on the Athletic!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
England have to blow the Aussies out quickly and then bat like professional test cricketers, know where their stumps are, not give away wickets cheaply and show some determination and application and make the Aussies work for victory.

It is a nice pitch for batting and IF England fight there is still a chance. I simply don't think they can

High Dyke

Established Member
Listened until lunch yesterday, just as I finished work. Didn't put the radio back on until about 15:00hrs. Wish I hadn't bothered!

Whether you like Boycott or not he's been right, as have other former players, about the manner in which England batted. The top order has been unsettled for quite a time now and Root batting at three isn't working. So if the pundits and the supporters can see the problems why can't the team management/selectors?

Meanwhile, Minor Counties T20 Finals day tomorrow at Wormsley. Best of luck to Dorset CCC, Buckinghamshire CCC, Hertfordshire CCC, but most importantly Lincolnshire CCC, for what promises to be a good day.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Root will get a cenury and we will win by six wickets.

Come on, every other prediciton in here seems to be coming true.

What, only one of those high-fashion designer chairs for the England captain?

M. Charpentier Antiques have a set of four of Cenury chrome-plated folding chairs with cowhide seating for the miserly price of only £425... :lol:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm watching from the central couch position with a glass of red:

I think I prefer your view as being a whiter than white pom I'm rapidly wilting in this merciless sun :lol:
This pitch is doing things. Our bowlers will be licking thier lips. If a ball 71 overs old is doing this then a new ball is going to be unplayable.

Look I shall enjoy fantasising about a glorious record breaking run chase. On an unrelated matter anyone got the train times from Headingley for around 3 or 4pm today? No reason other than I can't help but shake the feeling I'll need them...

Pakenhamtrain

I think I prefer your view as being a whiter than white pom I'm rapidly wilting in this merciless sun :lol:

Look I shall enjoy fantasising about a glorious record breaking run chase. On an unrelated matter anyone got the train times from Headingley for around 3 or 4pm today? No reason other than I can't help but shake the feeling I'll need them...
You'll fit right in. It's dark and raining outside!

Did I see that right. A standing ovation just for making it to Lunch!

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You'll fit right in. It's dark and raining outside!

Oh that sounds much more tolerable :lol:

Did I see that right. A standing ovation just for making it to Lunch!

At this point we've got to celebrate whatever comes our way. And, sure enough, couple of overs over lunch we're two down. Burns playing at one he should leave alone and Roy having now answer to an excellent ball from Cummins.

Darandio

Established Member
At this point we've got to celebrate whatever comes our way. And, sure enough, couple of overs over lunch we're two down. Burns playing at one he should leave alone and Roy having now answer to an excellent ball from Cummins.

At least you will remember this day for the rest of your life regardless of the result. You saw Root score runs.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Normally, to have dismissed the Australians twice by lunch on the third day of a Test Match would be seen as quite an achievement.
You're right! 2019 batting, though, saw only three batsmen in total out of 22 get to double figures in the first two innings of the match, which might be some record low in 130 years of Test cricket. The reaction of the cricket money men will be to deny that the degradation of first class cricket has led to this situation, of course.

P.S. Just the 300 to get now - easy peasy, ask Mark Butcher.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member

Yes, sad to see him go and I'd forgotten that I'd even posted that. Better head off now for the job of Cricket Correspondent on the Athletic!

There was some speculation made on TMS on Friday that there's more to this in that he's got a contract with another County lined up, and he's being released by Lancashire to allow him to move.

I have no idea whether this is right, but when a TMS pundit says something like this, it's often worth listening to, I think.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Great start. Only 6 wickets to go. Get Stokes here and things might get a move on

Not quite the start we were after it has to be said (though I've been saying that since about 1130 on day two).

Gotta say this is the big partnership now. If they can make another 100 run partnership then you'd have to say it's game on but anything less and it's all Australia all the time.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yea call the fat lady. England will romp this home now
Steady!

Let's see what the next session brings shall we? If it's another good one for England where we get another 90 or so for the loss of one wicket then it's time for the doom saying from the Australian side. We could just as easily by 258 for 6 in the first hour after Lunch in which case I don't see how Australia can lose it from there.

All of which is to say that somehow despite what happened on day two it'll be this second session on day four that decides this Test!