• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cricket

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
What changes will the Aussies make for the second test? Why change a winning team, some might ask: the answer is, both because you want to keep on winning and that Lord's is a different ground from Edgbaston. If Mitchell Starc isn't picked I'm an Irishman, probably in Pattinson's place, not that the latter did anything wrong, but there's only room for eleven. Hazlewood might come in too, in Siddle's place possibly. Harris scored runs in the game against Worcs that ended today, but I expect they'll stick with Bancroft for the time being, his catching being a bonus. I was intrigued, though, to see all-rounder Mitchell Marsh upped to 3 in the batting order in the 2nd innings against Worcs, and there was a hint from Tim Paine in the post-match interview at Edgbaston that an all-rounder might come in at Lord's.

Cletus

Established Member
With the current team, Denly should be opening and Roy in the middle order.

Whether they should be playing is another thing...

Cletus

Established Member
Root is out too. He hasn't made a 1st innings century for 24 test matches, and he's our best batsman!

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Idly glancing at the England scorecard (an idle glance being enough in the circumstances!) I noticed for the first time how many Js there are in the team:- Jason Roy, Joe Denly, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach. If Jimmy Anderson hadn't been injured, there'd have been another one. Australia, in turn, sensibly chose Josh Hazlewood and, if things had turned out slightly differently in selection for the tour, might have had Joe Burns as opener - bound to cause confusion! So far, the Aussie J has had the most impact, and our best has been Rory Burns (again.)

Pakenhamtrain

Idly glancing at the England scorecard (an idle glance being enough in the circumstances!) I noticed for the first time how many Js there are in the team:- Jason Roy, Joe Denly, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach. If Jimmy Anderson hadn't been injured, there'd have been another one. Australia, in turn, sensibly chose Josh Hazlewood and, if things had turned out slightly differently in selection for the tour, might have had Joe Burns as opener - bound to cause confusion! So far, the Aussie J has had the most impact, and our best has been Rory Burns (again.)
The footy team I follow (St Kilda) has 8 jacks on its list alone.

Pakenhamtrain

Archer and Butler might want thier time again after that bouncer. Turning your back and having a laugh isnt the way you go about it. Not after Phil Hughes.

Theres very few things ill get pissed off at in the cricket but thats one of them.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Yeah, horribly out of form. But you can't exactly drop the captain of the team...

Make him the 12th man, technically still part of the team. Then he can sit on the balcony whilst we bat, he spends most of the time there anyway.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sigh. We should not being down this hard to this Australian side. If we can somehow cobble together a lead of 200 then the last session and bit tomorrow could be very interesting. But we implode further and go down for a lead of less then 150 then we're doomed. Again.