• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Croatian "Riversdale" mystery locos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Attached are a couple of pics at Rijeka (Croatia) harbour last Monday. I'm in the dark and nothing came up on t'interweb - I hope we have a forum expert!

The red loco, running along the quayside, is a 2132 class. Nothing unusual about that one. The mystery is the other shot...

A pair of freshly-uncrated EMD 6-axle diesels, numbers RML001 and RML002, in sparkling-new Riversdale livery. The left-hand loco is still being lowered, by crane, onto its bogies.

They're similar - but not identical - to Croatian Railways EMD class 2063. The livery is close to Australia's 'Riversdale Mining Limited' corporate colours; but I've not found any evidence of a trade between RML and Croatian Railways.

Anyone, anywhere, any wiser? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cl2132_Rijeka.jpg
    cl2132_Rijeka.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 40
  • cl2063_Rijeka.jpg
    cl2063_Rijeka.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 45
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Short article on Railway Gazette that they are six locos for Riversdale Mining (Mozambique) being built new in Croatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.