• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross City Route for Train Simulator 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

365 Networker

It appears that the Cross City line is being developed for Train Simulator - the achievements were uploaded onto steam. They do not mention any trains, but I would assume a 323 would be included. It's possible they could also include the 220, 170 and HST as I believe they all run on the route and are already in the game. Here is a link to a thread on the DTG forum:-
Steam Achievements Leaks New Route | Dovetail Games Forums

It would be interesting to see if Extravis Games have decided to finish their version and release it through steam or whether it is a DTG product. I shall look forward to this route as I quite enjoyed the open BVE version.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Another route which looks to be a good addition to TS: even if a Class 323 isn't supplied with the route, the freeware version already available could maybe act as a substitute for a while until a better one is made I suppose. I suspect the HST is almost certainly going to be included if it runs on the route - DTG can't get enough of the thing it seems!

-Peter

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Another route which looks to be a good addition to TS: even if a Class 323 isn't supplied with the route, the freeware version already available could maybe act as a substitute for a while until a better one is made I suppose. I suspect the HST is almost certainly going to be included if it runs on the route - DTG can't get enough of the thing it seems!

-Peter
I very much doubt they would release a route and not include the type of train that actually operates the service.

Peter C

Established Member
I very much doubt they would release a route and not include the type of train that actually operates the service.
I expect they'd release the Class 323 with the route too, and that's why I proposed a potential alternative if it didn't happen.

-Peter

365 Networker

I just hope they make an effort with the sounds and physics of the 323, so we don't have to wait for AP to make it drivable.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Thanks for sharing them - the photo on the DTG forums wouldn't work for me. Looks like the route's going to come with a standard number of scenarios, and maybe just the 323?

-Peter

Yep, that’s how it looks to me.

Darandio

Established Member
Article added to the Dovetail website.

Cross-City-Line-Key-Art-v2-3840x2160.jpg

greatvoyager

Established Member
It appears that the Cross City line is being developed for Train Simulator - the achievements were uploaded onto steam. They do not mention any trains, but I would assume a 323 would be included. It's possible they could also include the 220, 170 and HST as I believe they all run on the route and are already in the game. Here is a link to a thread on the DTG forum:-
Steam Achievements Leaks New Route | Dovetail Games Forums

It would be interesting to see if Extravis Games have decided to finish their version and release it through steam or whether it is a DTG product. I shall look forward to this route as I quite enjoyed the open BVE version.
It does look good. Including the HST, 170 or 220/221 might be difficult as, unless it’s changed, DTG don’t have the license for XC livery, though I guess they could use a generic livery.

_toommm_

Established Member
I wonder if this will prompt Armstrong Powerhouse to do a 323 Enhancement Pack.

I imagine they will do, as the sounds probably won’t be the best on the default DTG one.

You can then run the 323 on the WCML, Woodhead plus some others I imagine.

365 Networker

Extravis games have confirmed on their Facebook page that they are not involved with this route or train, but they did say that they may consider releasing their 323 at some point.

greatvoyager

Established Member
I imagine they will do, as the sounds probably won’t be the best on the default DTG one.

You can then run the 323 on the WCML, Woodhead plus some others I imagine.
Hearing the proper sounds of a 323 in the game would be fantastic.

365 Networker

I watched the stream and as I expected, the sounds were quite bad. What annoys me most though is that they did record 323 sounds, but the mixing of the sounds is just abysmal - with chunks of the audio either cut out or repeated, motor sounds not coridponding to the power notch and the motor sounds completely disappear above 20mph, being replaced by an awful synthesised humming sound. There are also no decent ‘run’ sounds. Yet again, they do not seem finished. The route on the other hand is quite good and will look even better with the AP track.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

_toommm_

Established Member

Someone has already implemented a fix for the sounds on the 323.. The author states in the comments that this should be out this week.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

Someone has already implemented a fix for the sounds on the 323.. The author states in the comments that this should be out this week.

That does sound better in removing the cut outs that I’ve seen/heard on other review videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.