• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Bournemouth for Qualifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexboy

Morning,

I've just seen this ad which I am interested in and was wondering if any Cross Country drivers at Bournemouth are able to give any details about the depot, diagrams etc.

I would also like to ask if staff parking is available at Bournemouth station?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ILoveLamp

Some info on the traction’s and routes signed in the sticky thread at the top of the page ‘Driver Depots etc..

Essexboy

Thanks for the tip, I've just had a good look through the sticky.

I was hoping if any XC driver could give any further info on what XC is like to work for and what Bournemouth depot is like in particular?

djwent

I can’t offer much in the way of the information on the job, but I do live and work very close to Bournemouth Station and there is a huge car park that is never more than half full. If you didn’t get parking provided, then there are lots of safe roads within 5 mins walk that have no parking restrictions.

Essexboy

Thanks for that djwent, I've been looking on Googlemaps and it seems like a nice place to live.

PickleTree

Thanks for that djwent, I've been looking on Googlemaps and it seems like a nice place to live.
I am not a driver either mate but I have just applied for the trainee role there. I know 2 XC drivers who work out of Bournemouth so asked the same questions before I applied. Got nothing but positive about the depot and I know there is ample staff parking.

Routes wise, my understanding is B’mouth to Birmingham NS is the core route with variations along the way. I hope this helps in some way.

Essexboy

I am not a driver either mate but I have just applied for the trainee role there. I know 2 XC drivers who work out of Bournemouth so asked the same questions before I applied. Got nothing but positive about the depot and I know there is ample staff parking.

Routes wise, my understanding is B’mouth to Birmingham NS is the core route with variations along the way. I hope this helps in some way.
Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.