• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Mobile App & Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

Has anyone used the new Cross-Country mobile app to buy tickets? And if you used the mobiticket/phone ticket what was your experience of how it worked?

(Still feel reassured by little bits of cardboard in my wallet, myself).

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Had someone show me one the other week seems secure enough however if your phone dies or gets stolen then its game over

SouthStand

The previous incarnation was better. There's no way to show future departures from a selected station like there was before.

TCDD

Used it for a simple Staines - Brentford return. Nice and easy to use and no booking fee, but not the ideal option for getting train times. For timetable info I much prefer the 'Rail Planner', but I wouldn't buy tickets on it!

Last edited:
Has anyone used the new Cross-Country mobile app to buy tickets? And if you used the mobiticket/phone ticket what was your experience of how it worked?

(Still feel reassured by little bits of cardboard in my wallet, myself).

Many thanks.

Do not use the cross-country app to buy tickets.

As I have found out with the Chiltern Railways app, if you buy a ticket on the app, and your phone is then lost, damaged or stolen you cannot get a replacement ticket.
Thread here: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52712&highlight=m-ticket

Chiltern Railways and Cross country are both owned by Deutsche Bahn state railways and both use the same Masabi software.

Stick to paper tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.