• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country on the Erewash Valley Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this is a route question but feel free to move mods.

I was down at Langley Mill this morning to see the in-laws off and video the Cumbrian Mountain & Coast Statesman and a Cross Country Voyager passed through with Newcastle on the destination display up front.

It was about 06:15, but what was it doing along here? Was there a diversion due to engineering works early this morning (Although when I check around 8am there was nothing on NRE) or is this a scheduled service that comes this way?

I have seen what I assumed was an EMT Meridian heading north early some morning, as we have a distant but visible view of the line heading into Langley Mill, but is it actually a regular Cross Country service?

Anyone any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes every Saturday this happens.

The train in question was :

1E34 XC 0555 Derby to Newcastle 0844 booked to run :

Derby, Derby London Road Junction, Spondon, Long Eaton Draycott, Long Eaton, Sheet Stores Junction

Sheet Stores Junction, Trent East Junction, Long Eaton Town Crossing, Toton Junction, Toton Centre, Stapleford & Sandiacre Chief Civil Engineer's Siding, Stanton Gate Sidings, Trowell Junction, Bennerley Opencast, Langley Mill, Codnor Park Junction, Pye Bridge Junction, Alfreton, Blackwell South Junction (Derbyshire), Coney Green Junction, Clay Cross South Junction, Clay Cross North Junction, Clay Cross Hasland, Chesterfield

Lrd

Established Member
It started at Derby and runs every Saturday since December 2011 so presumably it is to keep up crew route knowledge as a diversionary route.

http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/C08596/2012/4/14

All I did was search for trains at Langley Mills, calling at Newcastle at about 0615 and it found all details. (You may need to click 'Options' -> 'Detailed').

Hope this helps.

bnm

Established Member
The Erewash Valley will also see CrossCountry weekend services in June, aside from the one daily scheduled service.

Engineering work between Derby and Chesterfield means most XC services will be diverted, first two weekends of June.

I'm looking forward to getting a bash past Toton yard on June 2nd!

The Erewash Valley will also see CrossCountry weekend services in June, aside from the one daily scheduled service.

Engineering work between Derby and Chesterfield means most XC services will be diverted, first two weekends of June.

I'm looking forward to getting a bash past Toton yard on June 2nd!

We had that last year and I wanted to get down and video some stuff coming through but never made it, Ill write the dates down and try again this year!

The Planner

Veteran Member
Yes every Saturday this happens.

The train in question was :

1E34 XC 0555 Derby to Newcastle 0844 booked to run :

Derby, Derby London Road Junction, Spondon, Long Eaton Draycott, Long Eaton, Sheet Stores Junction

Sheet Stores Junction, Trent East Junction, Long Eaton Town Crossing, Toton Junction, Toton Centre, Stapleford & Sandiacre Chief Civil Engineer's Siding, Stanton Gate Sidings, Trowell Junction, Bennerley Opencast, Langley Mill, Codnor Park Junction, Pye Bridge Junction, Alfreton, Blackwell South Junction (Derbyshire), Coney Green Junction, Clay Cross South Junction, Clay Cross North Junction, Clay Cross Hasland, Chesterfield

Where did the majority of those locations come from ?? some no longer exist and we certainly don't use them to time a schedule.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

HOBC is along there before it does Leamington to Coventry during the Olympics.

Wyvern

Established Member
HOBC is along there before it does Leamington to Coventry during the Olympics.

There's lengths of new rail lying in the Up and the cess through Belper, so I'm assuming they are going to replace the Down in the near future. :?:

Wyvern

Established Member
Would the High Output Track Renewal Train be able to cope with Belper?

HSTEd

Veteran Member
They really like the term "High Output" don't they?

SuperOwl86

Thought this might be best place to ask can anyone tell me whats happening around Sheffield can see the trains running via Beighton today.

Due to engineering works ( no idea where ) they'll run through Beighton for the next 4 Sunday's!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking at NR, looks like its between Sheffield and Dore, since Manchester services are affected too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.