Cross Country seat reservations

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by BanburyBlue, 10 Jun 2019.

1. BanburyBlue

BanburyBlue Member

Hi,

Apologies if in the wrong forum, but I have a question over Cross Country seat reservations.

I'm going to Leeds tomorrow (travelling from Banbury), coming back Thursday evening. It is a work meeting, and for work we have to use our corporate Trainline.com for tickets. In terms of reservations, there is no option to select a specific seat, you're just automatically allocated one.

Is there any way I can change my seat reservation and select specific seats. I can't do this via The Trainline, but wondering if I can do it via CrossCountry somehow?

Thanks.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. ooo

ooo Member

Try contacting them on Facebook or twitter

4. Scott M

Scott M Member

Trainline allows you to choose preferences, such as forward-facing, window seat etc, but this isn't always guaranteed. Can't choose specific seats however, would likely have to go to a booking office or contact XC themselves to do that.

5. Blinkbonny

Blinkbonny Member

Never known Cross Country offer forward/backward facing, for some reason.

6. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

Probably because the sets reverse too many times in the course of a day for it to be practicable.

7. Bush ranger

Bush ranger New Member

Travelled on x from Birmingham to darlington today and sat on a seat which had the display "seat reservable to Glasgow central" Is it possible to reserve the seat during the journey to prevent being ousted by an online reservation

8. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Best thing to do here, and to save you the time of messaging XC or going to a booking office. Open 2 windows. One for Trainline and one for Cross Country. Select the train and ticket you want on TL and do the same on XC but select a walk up ticket on the latter line an Off Peak or Anytime ticket (so you don't take any Advance quota off). On TL select your seat preferences (like window, aisle or airline style seat) and see what i gives you. Then on the XC site, having selected the same train you can check out the seat offered to you by TL on and seat selector map.

If you are happy with the seat you have been given proceed with the booking. if not, remove it from the basket on TL and repeat the process until it allocates you something you are happy with.

9. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Established Member

10. CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock Established Member