• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross London transfer query

Status
Not open for further replies.

extendedpaul

Simple question I hope.

I have an advance ticket from Kent to Birmingham tomorrow with a booked train from Euston but I need to call at Kings Cross.

Will the ticket barriers on the underground allow me to exit at Kings Cross St Pancras ? Or will my ticket have been programmed only to allow exit at Euston ?

Happy to walk Kings Cross to Euston but I will be tight for time if I have to walk Euston to Kings Cross and back.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It should let you out but you won't be able to resume your Underground journey with the same ticket.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Having done a similar journey on a similar ticket myself not too long ago, where the exit barrier opened, I agree with Hadders above that this won't be a problem. You will have to walk from Kings Cross to Euston though as the cross-London transfer is only good for one unbroken journey, wherever you get off.

redstar

What about getting off at a zone 1 tube station that isn't a national rail station? Can you still get out on a cross London transfer ticket?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What about getting off at a zone 1 tube station that isn't a national rail station? Can you still get out on a cross London transfer ticket?

Information on cross-London Transfers can be found in our fares & ticketing guide: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1315636

You may finish short (but not start short) at any zone 1 station, or at any station on a reasonable route. You will probably have to ask for assistance in getting out. Once you have finished short you will not be able to resume your cross-London transfer.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can finish a cross London transfer short although as previously stated you cannot recommence it without purchasing a new ticket. The ticket might not work the barriers at a station that isn't designated as an appropriate start/end point for a cross London journey. Some poorly trained staff might claim you cannot finish short.

Note that your cross London journey must be appropriate to the stations you are transferring between, so technically you cannot exit at a station that is off route.

cookie365

Kent's a big place.

I would assume that circle line is a valid journey from Cannon St, making Kings Cross short of Euston, but from Charing Cross or Victoria I'm not so sure - wouldn't Euston be on the way to Kings Cross rather than the other way round?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There won't be any issue entering/exiting at St Pancras.

The transfer to Euston would then need to be made on foot, see map for the best route via Brill Place/Phoenix Road.

Note: break of journey is not permitted, but using station facilities (including having a meal at one of the pubs or other eateries) at King's Cross/St Pancras/Euston is permitted as this does not constitute a break of journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.