• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross-London transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Established Member
If you have an advance ticket that involves a cross-London transfer would you be allowed to use a taxi or would this count as a break of journey and so not be allowed?

Also if you have split advance tickets from Exeter to Paddington and King's Cross to York, would you be covered in the event the taxi breaks down or gets stuck in heavy traffic?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If you have an advance ticket that involves a cross-London transfer would you be allowed to use a taxi or would this count as a break of journey and so not be allowed?

I don't believe there are any restrictions on how you do the transfer as long as you're not diverting to do anything else.

Also if you have split advance tickets from Exeter to Paddington and King's Cross to York, would you be covered in the event the taxi breaks down or gets stuck in heavy traffic?

I doubt you would be covered for a delay caused by a taxi or traffic though it wouldn't hurt to ask at King's Cross.

If you're thinking of doing this to avoid steps I'd suggest getting the 205 bus, though I don't think you're any more covered on this.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If you have an advance ticket that involves a cross-London transfer would you be allowed to use a taxi or would this count as a break of journey and so not be allowed?....

You can use a taxi, bus or walk, this would not count as breaking your journey.

....Also if you have split advance tickets from Exeter to Paddington and King's Cross to York, would you be covered in the event the taxi breaks down or gets stuck in heavy traffic?

You would only be covered for delays on London Underground, DLR or National Rail services.

Status
Not open for further replies.