• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross London Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwilson

Say (for example) I have a ticket involving a cross-London transfer where I leave a train at London Bridge, and tube it to Euston. Is there anything preventing me carrying on to Cannon Street and entering the LU at Bank?

A hypothetical situation where this might be useful is if I knew in advance of serious delays on the Northern line, and this would give me an alternative route to Euston via the Central line.

Would my through ticket open the barriers at Bank?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member

MarkyMarkD

If you have a ticket valid for cross-London travel it's normally better to travel via HS1 to STP and walk to EUS. That's certainly what I normally do. Avoids the need for tube travel completely.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you have a ticket valid for cross-London travel it's normally better to travel via HS1 to STP and walk to EUS. That's certainly what I normally do. Avoids the need for tube travel completely.
Yes, good advice. It's not much further to walk between the stations, than if you walked to/from the Underground platforms and took a tube!

0.5 miles walk above ground vs perhaps 0.3 miles of escalators and underground passageways in order to take the tube. So unless it's raining, or late at night, the walk is probably best!

Easiest way is as shown on this map

When you reach the top of the escalators (from the low level Thameslink platforms)*, to your right you will see the side exit, go through this exit and turn right. Almost immediately you will see Brill Place on your left, continue along this road (it becomes Phoenix Road), at the end of the road you will see Euston station in front of you, but you need to turn left to reach the side entrance to the station, which will be on your right (but you can't miss it!)

Walking time: 10 minutes max. Allow longer to get to/from platforms.

* In this case you'd go from the bottom of the escalators and walk to the exit on other side, ie walking past the main departure board.

Status
Not open for further replies.