• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry between Peterborough & Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_w

Hi guys

I'm booked on the 07:52 [1N43] off peterborough tomorrow from PBO to LEI.

and the 18:18 [1P26] off LEI to PBO.

This (I Believe) is the XC Service that does Birmingham to Gatwick Airport.

I've got reserved seats, but just wonder what the loadings are like? I only ask as if it's likely to be standing room only then I'll wear different shoes!

thanks chaps

JW

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
No idea how loadings vary through the day, but they've been full and standing whenever I've used them (off peak) and they usually look pretty busy from the outside. 18:18 off Leicester is 1L50 not 1P26, just in case that's important to you!

Johnny_w

Thanks for the corrections chaps!

My current tickets are booked open returns

SMK to PBO.

PBO to Duffield (Change at Leicester and Derby)

I wonder if a sneaky change at ELY rather than Peterborough might see a seat or two?

any opinions?

JW

Tomnick

Established Member
No idea on the loadings east of Peterborough. It is a pretty significant interchange though, so even if you can't get a seat from Ely, you ought to be able to grab one as folk prepare to alight at Peterborough. I doubt it'd be too bad at that time of day though - it's the train back up in the evening that I'd be doubtful about!

Johnny_w

No idea on the loadings east of Peterborough. It is a pretty significant interchange though, so even if you can't get a seat from Ely, you ought to be able to grab one as folk prepare to alight at Peterborough. I doubt it'd be too bad at that time of day though - it's the train back up in the evening that I'd be doubtful about!

Thanks. I wish I'd booked via London as it's no more expensive (and the exact same time!)

It's only an hour so it's no major biggie and I've never travelled on XC :D

Last edited:

Tomnick

Established Member
I'll leave it to the fares experts to confirm whether your tickets would be valid via London (surely would be, if it's the same price?), but if so I can't see a problem with returning via London (and not altogether missing out on the delights of the Peterboro' - Leicester line!) if it's looking busier then.

Johnny_w

I doubt they would and I'm lazy so cross country ain't really much of an issue - I do like a seat though but then so does everyone else!

Put it this way if the train is full and someone is nestled down in my 'reserved' seats I shall leave them to it and find somewhere to stand!

JW

Tomnick

Established Member
1N43 is showing cancelled as far as Leicester this morning - if it's not too late to go for Plan B, I'd do so!

Johnny_w

Went via Grantham, Nottingham to duffield

Hour later than intended but still caught first train on EVR. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.