• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel78

Hello,

On Saturday I travelled on this Crosscountry Service

Cardiff Central (2000) - Birmingham New Street (2207). Standard Advance ticket.

The train arrived at Birmingham New St at 2309. A combination of getting away a little slowly due to the Rugby League at Millenium Stadium, but mostly breaking down at Bromsgrove and having to wait till the next train arrived and was coupled to it.

I checked XC's delay repay policy here. According to their terms I should get a full refund for delay of 60+ minutes. Paraphrasing, it says "print, fill in, and post us this form with your ticket. Alternatively email us with picture of your cut up ticket."

The form you are asked to print out is in PDF format, so I can't fill it in electronically. What should I email them? Is it enough to just carefully copy all the questions asked on that form and answer those?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Print out form
Fill in using a pen
Scan filled form and save JPG or TIFF
Email form.
or Cant you click in the boxes and type on the pdf?

VisualAcid

Email them with as many details as possible such as the train times, stations used etc and a picture of the ticket diagonally cut, worked for me.

They rang me also but I can't remember what was said.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, either email them with the required details and a scan of your ticket (cut up if it is a walk-on ticket or one that has already expired), or send them a completed form with the ticket.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
I just emailed them with all the details of the journey and tickets I could think of. I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect a good outcome (I had used a combination of tickets and expected them to say that only part of the journey would be covered).

CyrusWuff

Established Member
just curious but why do you think they need a picture of the ticket cut up if it is already out of date or used?

To prove that you have the ticket you're claiming to have used in your possession...given the value of the compensation is dependent on the price of the ticket.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
just curious but why do you think they need a picture of the ticket cut up if it is already out of date or used?

Actually it was a typo. I was meant to say that there is no need to cut the ticket up if the ticket has expired.

That said it is still a good idea to show a picture of one that has been cut up. I have not really had any problem with an expired ticket which is not cut up though tbh.

daniel78

Actually it was a typo. I was meant to say that there is no need to cut the ticket up if the ticket has expired.

That said it is still a good idea to show a picture of one that has been cut up. I have not really had any problem with an expired ticket which is not cut up though tbh.

Thanks for that. Good to know that just emailing with the details that are on the form is sufficient.

It does seem curious that ask for the ticket to be cut up, it's an advance ticket so it's of no further value now. I'll just do as they ask anyway, it makes no difference to me.

daniel78

Just to confirm, I got back last night from a weekend away to find my voucher for the full value of the journey. I just copied out the details off the form as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.