• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Diagrams/work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireman

Hey guys quick question for anyone who works from crosscountry, just wanted to know what the diagrams/work is like for drivers in plymouth? i would really appreciate it!

EDITED (sorry guys completely forgot to write it was for drivers)
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Diagrams are mainly Plymouth to Birmingham. There are the odd jobs that involve getting off at Bristol then working down to Paignton, back to Bristol and then to Plymouth. There are a couple of early (06:00-ish) turns down to Penzance. At weekends now you may also go to Stoke or Derby as well.

irish_rail

Established Member
Diagrams are mainly Plymouth to Birmingham. There are the odd jobs that involve getting off at Bristol then working down to Paignton, back to Bristol and then to Plymouth. There are a couple of early (06:00-ish) turns down to Penzance. At weekends now you may also go to Stoke or Derby as well.
Are u u sure about the derby and stoke bits???! If be very surprised if they could get that far after all Birmingham is 3 and a half hours from Plymouth I can't believe they could carry on to derby or stoke???!!! Happy to be corrected. They also do Newquay in summer. No shunting on laira either just bring the train to depot shed and us gwr guys take over!

Are u u sure about the derby and stoke bits???! If be very surprised if they could get that far after all Birmingham is 3 and a half hours from Plymouth I can't believe they could carry on to derby or stoke???!!! Happy to be corrected. They also do Newquay in summer. No shunting on laira either just bring the train to depot shed and us gwr guys take over!

Sorry - forgot to clarify - the catering staff can now go as far as Derby/Stoke on a weekend. The other grades go as far as Brum generally.

irish_rail

Established Member
I was assuming you meant drivers as they are recruiting currently.
Driver wise they sign Birmingham although not sure they go there that often , more likely to do a bristol.

PearoTheHero

I was assuming you meant drivers as they are recruiting currently.
Driver wise they sign Birmingham although not sure they go there that often , more likely to do a bristol.
Qualified or trainee?
Edit...Just found the qualified job advert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.