• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Driver Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolleyman

I’m looking to apply for the above post.

I’m on the understanding Leicester only sign 170s as Traction, and Nottingham - Birmingham vis Leicester & Derby as well as a few diversionary routes - Castle Donnington & Lifford Curve?

Can anyone supply any other route information and any information on current shift patterns/ roster?

Thanks for all your help -
Merry Christmas :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

keep truckin

Do you realise people may be getting hammered whilst watching movies like Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Only kidding, you've got to apply quick with these roles, sure someone will help.

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Do you realise people may be getting hammered whilst watching movies like Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Only kidding, you've got to apply quick with these roles, sure someone will help.
Best day to apply for these jobs as less chance of getting to the final page only to find it’s been withdrawn :E

Trainguy90

Literally that is all Leicester sign I believe they are still on a 5 day week with Sunday’s inside but their spare turns have a large window of movement from memory.

Established Member

I’m on the understanding Leicester only sign 170s as Traction, and Nottingham - Birmingham vis Leicester & Derby as well as a few diversionary routes - Castle Donnington & Lifford Curve?

Can anyone supply any other route information and any information on current shift patterns/ roster?

They also sign the MML from Trent Junction - to Leicester via East Midlands Parkway, but only as a diversion/ECS move.

A relatively small depot with (IIRC) 25 or so drivers, I have heard it described as a “retirement depot” due to the limited and repetitive work content.

I’ve spoken to a Leicester driver who said he’s drives his entire route card pretty much every shift, and is never more than around 35 miles from the depot!

In terms of pay, I understand XC are short of drivers and have now reduced the time it takes qualified drivers to reach full money. This took something like two years until recently, and was putting a lot of prospective drivers off as they would be taking a pay cut.

Also sign Tysley. Huge PNBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.