• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - end of process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon87

Hey all,

Logged in to my XC careers portal earlier and got the ‘end of process’ notification next to the role I’d applied for.

Does anyone know if this means I’ve been unsuccessful or that they’ve just pulled the job?

(Ultimately I know I’ve been unsuccessful either way, just for clarity :lol::lol:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I’ve just logged into mine after seeing this in case mine had changed! Mine says ‘application in process’. That was for Piccadilly TM. What position had you applied for? Did you get any email?

Anon87

I’ve just logged into mine after seeing this in case mine had changed! Mine says ‘application in process’. That was for Piccadilly TM. What position had you applied for? Did you get any email?
TM!

Last edited:
I’m surprised at the lack of notifications or explanations. Come to think about it I didn’t get a confirmation email of my application. I did however get an email saying I hadn’t completed my application when I was filling it in...

Ceat0908

I have an application in process mark on my XC careers account from last year, one for a role I know for a fact they finished the recruitment process for and I received no emails for at all. the other for one I received a thanks but no thanks email for. I think the update section of the website is a bit hit and miss.

Established Member
From memory, something is seriously up with the DB Deutschebahn online system. A colleague from a third TOC applied there twice, and on both occasions, Interview / Assessment appeared on the status, but again - no emails, letters or phone call. Another colleague's status went straight to end of process, suggesting one was rejected, one was (twice) put forward... whole thing is a mess and an embarrassment to XC - who ever heard of a UK rail firm not bothering to acknowledge a job application or send an outcome email?

Anon87

From memory, something is seriously up with the DB Deutschebahn online system. A colleague from a third TOC applied there twice, and on both occasions, Interview / Assessment appeared on the status, but again - no emails, letters or phone call. Another colleague's status went straight to end of process, suggesting one was rejected, one was (twice) put forward... whole thing is a mess and an embarrassment to XC - who ever heard of a UK rail firm not bothering to acknowledge a job application or send an outcome email?
What’s a third toc out of interest?

Established Member
What’s a third toc out of interest?
Perhaps I wasn't clear. Crosscountry is the first, my employer is the second, and that employees train operating company is the third.

Differs from Firstgroup which is a third world toc

Anon87

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Crosscountry is the first, my employer is the second, and that employees train operating company is the third.

Differs from Firstgroup which is a third world toc
No, blame me, I’ve been up since 2am!!

Status
Not open for further replies.