• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejames

Established Member
Well, it happened to me a few weeks ago! Booked HST and the XC seat map showed a HST. What turned up? A 5-car (single) Super Voyager! :cry:

Hope you don't have an advance ticket...

Nope. Itll be a 1st class 2 week ALR.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mike1990

No, although I've heard that they are (finally) introducing it.

At present I believe they have only two trains fitted with wifi, which is free throughout the whole train at the moment. I was lucky enough to travel on one of these trains and it's a good service, speed remained fast throughout the journey.

MKB

I only get to use XC about 2-3 times per year. Every time there has been some excuse why the first class food hasn't been loaded. On one occasion when I'd missed lunch and was particularly hungry, I was told that I couldn't even have anything off the standard class trolley because they wouldn't accept a credit or debit card and I had insufficient cash. So I ended up not getting any food at all that day until 11pm.

knight2004

I would all complain the x country.
Their service is pooh poor and their overcrowding is getting worse and worse. I only everr use xc when i am going stafford to manchester as it's so v v cheap if i were going further i'd not be happy at ALL if i was a 1s
t class customer paying a fortune for non existant complimentary stuff!!!!

Bristol Rover

I've had these problems too. On journeys south of Bristol down to the Westcountry, the trolley never arrives in First Class, as it takes so long to go through Standard. And even when they finish with Standard, they sometimes just park the trolley in between the two classes and expect you to walk up.

So you either sacrifice the food and travel on a proper train, or suffer the Voyagers and get a host.

After I complained at being without any refreshments for a 90 minute journey. The response was - I quote: "The refreshments that we serve in First Class are complimentary and do not make up part of the ticket price".

junglejames

Established Member
So you either sacrifice the food and travel on a proper train, or suffer the Voyagers and get a host.

Am I understanding this right? That makes it sound like you dont get food or a host(ess) on HSTs??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Those sound distinctly like famous last words.

Thankfully i dont believe in any of that stuff. I could say all i like, and the worst that could happen is a cold. But even my worst colds dont stop me going out.

junglejames

Established Member
Another quickie. Do you usually get the first class host(ess) on Saturdays?
I know you dont get the food, but am wondering about whether the hosts are working still?

Cancel that. How do i delete this message!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Nope and click 'Edit' and edit your post to say 'Deleted' or '.........' or 'Ignore' etc.

junglejames

Established Member
After all that ive decided against it, if its true you dont even get a first class host(ess) on the HSTs. Its an awful long way to go on a 1st class ticket if your not getting 1st class service.

BigVince76

I don't know about weekends but during the week the HSTs do have a host, for part of the journey. Just like the voyagers there is a host north of Bristol who serve 1st class only but south of the Bristol first class goodies are dished up by the standard class trolley staff, or in some cases a friendly guard!

Status
Not open for further replies.