• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Does anybody know if any of the XC HST journey’s listed go on the line between Stoke on Trent and Manchester Piccadilly as in go past Congleton/Macclesfield Stations?

No booked workings, but if there is disruption XC sometimes send a HST to Manchester from Birmingham

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deafdoggie

Established Member
No XC Manchester drivers sign them. Some Birmingham drivers do, of course, so in theory it could happen, but it is so unlikely as to not consider, as both outward and return journey to Manchester would need a Birmingham crew, and for the train to come from and return to the SouthWest.

sprinterguy

Established Member
No XC Manchester drivers sign them. Some Birmingham drivers do, of course, so in theory it could happen, but it is so unlikely as to not consider, as both outward and return journey to Manchester would need a Birmingham crew, and for the train to come from and return to the SouthWest.
On the rare occasions when it does happen, due to disruption on the North East - South West route, it tends to be a southbound service that is terminated at Birmingham, the HST works to Manchester and back, and then picks up it's original diagram heading back north from Birmingham, generally after a trip 'round the houses' ECS to kill time and clear platform space at New Street.

Established Member
It happened about 5 times last year.. Most Birmingham drivers sign HSTs as do most Birmingham TMs.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Does anyone know what times XC's IC125s will be heading south out of Birmingham on 1st March? I have looked on the 125 groups' diagrams but with the line closed south of Taunton on that date I presume the diagrams will change quite a bit from normal due to Plymouth (I think I read somewhere that the fleet are maintained at Laira now) being inaccessible to XC.

sufian123

Does anyone know what times XC's IC125s will be heading south out of Birmingham on 1st March? I have looked on the 125 groups' diagrams but with the line closed south of Taunton on that date I presume the diagrams will change quite a bit from normal due to Plymouth (I think I read somewhere that the fleet are maintained at Laira now) being inaccessible to XC.

0611 Leeds-105 taunton then 1051 Taunton-Birmingham. Then 1417 Birmingham-Taunton. Then 1651 Taunton to Leeds. The only one I know.

Established Member
0606 Edinburgh - Taunton 1316 and 1351 Taunton - Glasgow Central 2221 will likely be another as both are normally HST services

Thunderer

I know its a bit early, but does anyone know if Arriva XC are using the HST's on the same Summer Saturday diagrams this year to Paignton i.e. 1V44 0600 Leeds to Paignton returning as 1S51 12:35 Paignton to Glasgow and 1V52 0601 Glasgow to Paignton returning as 1E67 16:36 Paignton to Leeds? Many thanks.

sufian123

I know its a bit early, but does anyone know if Arriva XC are using the HST's on the same Summer Saturday diagrams this year to Paignton i.e. 1V44 0600 Leeds to Paignton returning as 1S51 12:35 Paignton to Glasgow and 1V52 0601 Glasgow to Paignton returning as 1E67 16:36 Paignton to Leeds? Many thanks.

Hi yes these are not changing. Same as last year.

route101

Established Member
1V44 for sure won’t change it’s the first train out of Leeds. 0601 GLC-Paignton being a HST for years now. Only the Newquay was no longer HST and did 0900 GLC-pnz instead.
I thought the only regular HST was the 1225 Plymouth to Glasgow Central to Glasgow .

ksu461

During the Whiteball blockade, there is also a special infill HST working from Taunton to Birmingham and back. The timings are:
1V44 0611 Leeds to Taunton (New St dep 812, Taunton arr 1015)
1Z85 1051 Taunton to Birmingham New Street (New St arr 1256)
5T86 1306 Birmingham New Street to Birmingham New Street (New St arr 1358)
1Z86 1420 Birmingham New Street to Taunton (Taunton arr 1615)
1E63 1651 Taunton to Leeds (New St arr 1856, Leeds arr 2102)

Note the sojourn has an anti-clockwise empty stock move round the Camp Hill loop, to release Platform 11 at New St for an hour.

This happened in the previous (June 18) blockade too. Here is a picture of it on the Lifford Curve:
https://flic.kr/p/27aj7qY

Evening.

Is this the only diagram with the blockade on as I'm sure ive seen one on
1V50 0606 Edinburgh to Taunton passing Willington ,derbyshire but unsure if its workings back

Established Member
Evening.

Is this the only diagram with the blockade on as I'm sure ive seen one on
1V50 0606 Edinburgh to Taunton passing Willington ,derbyshire but unsure if its workings back
That is the other diagram as that makes 1S51 1351 Taunton to Glasgow.

Northern Tank

On Moderation
Can anyone confirm the current XC HST diagrams while the Blockade south of Taunton is on. And also can anyone confirm where the Laira based XC HsT is and if according to across country Journey Check whether the 06.51 Taunton Edinburgh and 15.08 Edinburgh Taunton was a HST as Indicated. Many thanks

Established Member
Can anyone confirm the current XC HST diagrams while the Blockade south of Taunton is on. And also can anyone confirm where the Laira based XC HsT is and if according to across country Journey Check whether the 06.51 Taunton Edinburgh and 15.08 Edinburgh Taunton was a HST as Indicated. Many thanks

The diagrams are all over the place due to a couple of set failures this week. But.

1V44/1Z85/1Z86/1E63

And

1V50/1S51

Are today's.

1S37 was a Voyager as booked.

The Hst set on Laira stays on Laira.

Established Member
Would someone be able to let me know the diagrams for today please, it will be much appreciated.

6.11 Leeds to Taunton is the only working showing on journeycheck as of now

Northern Tank

On Moderation
The diagrams are all over the place due to a couple of set failures this week. But.

1V44/1Z85/1Z86/1E63

And

1V50/1S51

Are today's.

1S37 was a Voyager as booked.

The Hst set on Laira stays on Laira.
Much appreciated thanks so the XC hst at laira has been idle then. And to confirm Philips marsh or Barton hall Havant been keeping one overnight

Established Member
Much appreciated thanks so the XC hst at laira has been idle then. And to confirm Philips marsh or Barton hall Havant been keeping one overnight
Correct. The Set at Laira is the on maintenance set. Barton Hill don't have anything to do with HSTs, and there is nothing booked to come from the SW in the morning to need to stable at SPM

Northern Tank

On Moderation
Morning all. This morning the 06.52 Taunton to Edinburgh is down on cross country journey check as a HST. But in real time trains the empty stock move from Bristol is down as a voyager can anyone Confirm whar it actually is and also if it is HST where it’s actually come from depot wise this morning. As it’s perplexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.