CrossCountry HST Diagrams

43 302

Would that be at Landore? I can't say I know the area well, but road access to Landore seems very tight to me. I've been working in Swansea for 12 years, travelling in via Fabian Way and the M4 from the East and I've never previously seen any rolling stock on the back of a lorry (plenty of wheels though). Today not only did I see 43321 on Fabian Way, but I saw a bogie coal hopper on the M4 near the Pyle junction too!
Edit to add, and I did think it was looking particularly grubby :)
I would presume so. Sorry I cannot comment more, I'm not familiar enough with Swansea to say.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Would that be at Landore? I can't say I know the area well, but road access to Landore seems very tight to me. I've been working in Swansea for 12 years, travelling in via Fabian Way and the M4 from the East and I've never previously seen any rolling stock on the back of a lorry (plenty of wheels though). Today not only did I see 43321 on Fabian Way, but I saw a bogie coal hopper on the M4 near the Pyle junction too!
Edit to add, and I did think it was looking particularly grubby :)
Yes, going to Landore for repaint. Chrysalis Rail are doing the five Porterbrook power cars whilst they are stopped for major exams. The Angel five are going through Wabtec for repaints currently as well.

Mitchell Hurd

Lucky to have HST on 1S55 tonight.
I wonder why that was - JourneyCheck shows 1S51 (Plymouth to Edinburgh given the COVID-19 situation) as an 8-coach Voyager til Newcastle. Maybe the capacity of the HST wasn't needed north of Newcastle on this occasion.

louis97

Established Member
I wonder why that was - JourneyCheck shows 1S51 (Plymouth to Edinburgh given the COVID-19 situation) as an 8-coach Voyager til Newcastle. Maybe the capacity of the HST wasn't needed north of Newcastle on this occasion.
There was a fault with one of the power cars, so the set worked 1S55 instead.