• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Mann

Does anyone know what diagrams CrossCountry currently run their HSTs on?

I may be making a trip to the Birmingham area this week and would like to know if I may be able to catch any of them in the area.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sufian123

Does anyone know what diagrams CrossCountry currently run their HSTs on?

I may be making a trip to the Birmingham area this week and would like to know if I may be able to catch any of them in the area.

Monday-Wednesday

0611 Leeds-Plymouth then 1225 Plymouth-Glasgow central.

0606 Edinburgh-Plymouth then 1525 Plymouth-Leeds

Thursdays only

1325 Plymouth-Edinburgh

Fridays only

0632 Dundee-Plymouth then 1725 Plymouth to Leeds

Saturday

0611 Leeds Plymouth 1225 ply-glc
0632 Dundee-ply 1725 ply-Leeds

Sunday

0810 Leeds-Plymouth 1425 ply to Edinburgh

0900 Leeds-Plymouth 1524 ply-York

0908 Edinburgh-ply then to Laira.

sufian123

Monday-Wednesday

Thursdays only

1325 Plymouth-Edinburgh

Fridays only

0632 Dundee-Plymouth then 1725 Plymouth to Leeds

Saturday

0611 Leeds Plymouth 1225 ply-glc
0632 Dundee-ply 1725 ply-Leeds

Sunday

0810 Leeds-Plymouth 1425 ply to Edinburgh

0900 Leeds-Plymouth 1524 ply-York

0908 Edinburgh-ply then to Laira.

Friday

1307 Edinburgh-ply

Sunday

1225 ply-GLC or 1325 ply-Edinburgh

Robert Mann

album-72157704386100151
Got it!
album-72157704386100151

Attachments

• 39815393013_1d3e59d8e8_o.jpg
    39815393013_1d3e59d8e8_o.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 211

davetheguard

Established Member
"Today's Railways" magazine is reporting that the XC HST's have now been re-allocated from Edinburgh to Plymouth. I'd expected this change of home depot to lead to changes in the HST diagrams; in particular, that it would mean that some early morning workings from the West Country to the North would be HST's, with return workings to the South West in the afternoons. Has this happened? Or has TRUK magazine jumped the gun?

sufian123

"Today's Railways" magazine is reporting that the XC HST's have now been re-allocated from Edinburgh to Plymouth. I'd expected this change of home depot to lead to changes in the HST diagrams; in particular, that it would mean that some early morning workings from the West Country to the North would be HST's, with return workings to the South West in the afternoons. Has this happened? Or has TRUK magazine jumped the gun?

They have moved to laira. Usual ones are on Sunday 0908 Edinburgh to Plymouth arrives then goes to laira. The. Thursday it comes out as 1S53. It can come out during the week as well. Friday 1307 edb-ply comes out Sunday afternoon to play,

Established Member
They have moved and the diagrams have changed but not in the way you thought.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member

The HSTs are focussed on the busy trains into Birmingham from Derby in the morning and out in the evening, these will stay, minor tweaks and set swaps at Plymouth have allowed for the move of maintenance to Laira!

Established Member
The HSTs are focussed on the busy trains into Birmingham from Derby in the morning and out in the evening, these will stay, minor tweaks and set swaps at Plymouth have allowed for the move of maintenance to Laira!
They are staying as is for now, whether that will be the case in May is another matter.

On Moderation
Maintenance has moved to Laira, but the actual depot allocations on the system still show Craigentinny, or at least they did last week!

Class 170101

Established Member
Thursday it comes out as 1S53. It can come out during the week as well.

Though interestingly the schedules are different on Thursday to the rest of the week to accommodate the slower HST compared to Voyager on acceleration. However I am surprised they didn't make the HST an all week schedule rather than just a Thursday Only schedule.

sufian123

Though interestingly the schedules are different on Thursday to the rest of the week to accommodate the slower HST compared to Voyager on acceleration. However I am surprised they didn't make the HST an all week schedule rather than just a Thursday Only schedule.

I agree. It’s to get the HST back to Scotland. As 2 HSTs from Scotland on Fridays. One is stars Dundee.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Just had a look on Tiger train times at Bristol Temple Meads and looking at the departure board, the 06:32 from Dundee all the way to Plymouth is and was an HST today - I bet passengers were thrilled :) ! The obvious great advantage is at least around 175 unreserved seats - Coach E and Coach G, the Quiet Coach + around 80 more dotted around!

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
The 13:07 Edinburgh to Plymouth service on Fridays a few days ago was an 8-coach Voyager I remember seeing reported on Twitter basically (not in the exact words though).

sufian123

Just had a look on Tiger train times at Bristol Temple Meads and looking at the departure board, the 06:32 from Dundee all the way to Plymouth is and was an HST today - I bet passengers were thrilled :) ! The obvious great advantage is at least around 175 unreserved seats - Coach E and Coach G, the Quiet Coach + around 80 more dotted around!

One off. That HST is going to Laira tonight.

Established Member
Hi, does anyone know the diagrams for this weekend due to the block between Birmingham and Cheltenham. Also is XC03 likely to be on any of these services.
Thank you in advance.

sufian123

Hi, does anyone know the diagrams for this weekend due to the block between Birmingham and Cheltenham. Also is XC03 likely to be on any of these services.
Thank you in advance.

1V44 should run 0611-Leeds-0809 Birmingham. Then 0903 to Edinburgh then 1508 edb-bhm then 2103 back to Leeds. Not sure anymore would be running.

sufian123

Thank you in advance.

Also 0900 glc-Birmingham to form 1603 back to glc. Not sure for Sunday.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Good evening. I'd ask XC but they're busy with disruption due to a tree blocking the railway.

I'm booked into Coach A, seat 4 (HST) on the 11:17 from Birmingham New Street to Bristol Temple Meads on the 18/02/19. I've just had an email basically saying engineering works may affect your journey (my one). And it looks like it's terminating at Taunton.

I don't care where it's scheduled to terminate after Bristol Temple Meads. All I want to know is if that 11:17 will still be scheduled for an HST subject to availability. I'll be cross (not with any of you, but with XC) if my Advance Single train I have booked a seat on is for a Voyager - and I probably won't be the only one annoyed.

I've never travelled First Class on a XC HST ever. Obviously if it's a Voyager on the day because the HST isn't available that's different.

If any of you could give me some light on the diagrams for the 18/02/19 that'd be great. If you don't know, that's no problem - it'll be XC I ask when there's no / hardly any disruption.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Good evening. I'd ask XC but they're busy with disruption due to a tree blocking the railway.

I'm booked into Coach A, seat 4 (HST) on the 11:17 from Birmingham New Street to Bristol Temple Meads on the 18/02/19. I've just had an email basically saying engineering works may affect your journey (my one). And it looks like it's terminating at Taunton.

I don't care where it's scheduled to terminate after Bristol Temple Meads. All I want to know is if that 11:17 will still be scheduled for an HST subject to availability. I'll be cross (not with any of you, but with XC) if my Advance Single train I have booked a seat on is for a Voyager - and I probably won't be the only one annoyed.

I've never travelled First Class on a XC HST ever. Obviously if it's a Voyager on the day because the HST isn't available that's different.

If any of you could give me some light on the diagrams for the 18/02/19 that'd be great. If you don't know, that's no problem - it'll be XC I ask when there's no / hardly any disruption.

Problem solved via a quick look at Realtime trains basically. Good job it terminates at Taunton if not Plymouth - it can form the 13:51 back to Glasgow Central!

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation

Problem solved via a quick look at Realtime trains basically. Good job it terminates at Taunton if not Plymouth - it can form the 13:51 back to Glasgow Central!

sufian123

It’s a hst. As a hst is needed badly for 1S51 to Glasgow always buy

mikeastons

Does anybody know if any of the XC HST journey’s listed go on the line between Stoke on Trent and Manchester Piccadilly as in go past Congleton/Macclesfield Stations?

crosscity

During the Whiteball blockade, there is also a special infill HST working from Taunton to Birmingham and back. The timings are:
1V44 0611 Leeds to Taunton (New St dep 812, Taunton arr 1015)
1Z85 1051 Taunton to Birmingham New Street (New St arr 1256)
5T86 1306 Birmingham New Street to Birmingham New Street (New St arr 1358)
1Z86 1420 Birmingham New Street to Taunton (Taunton arr 1615)
1E63 1651 Taunton to Leeds (New St arr 1856, Leeds arr 2102)

Note the sojourn has an anti-clockwise empty stock move round the Camp Hill loop, to release Platform 11 at New St for an hour.

This happened in the previous (June 18) blockade too. Here is a picture of it on the Lifford Curve:
https://flic.kr/p/27aj7qY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.