• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NewSt

Does anyone know what departures on a Sunday from Birmingham New Street towards Derby are HSTs? Hoping to catch one on my next trip to the East Midlands.

Thanks in advance.

sufian123

Does anyone know what departures on a Sunday from Birmingham New Street towards Derby are HSTs? Hoping to catch one on my next trip to the East Midlands.

Thanks in advance.

1603, 1803 and 1903 booked HSTs. In case no engineering works happening.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Hello. I'm at Birmingham New Street and the 17:03 (1S53) Edinburgh service is a 10-car Voyager instead of the 7-car HST (frequently requested diagrams thread says the 1S53 is an HST.

That's a tough one as people may have seats booked on the HST. On the other hand, that's more Standard Class seats. If a 10-car can replace an HST then I'd have thought there will be room for an extra HST diagram once the last XC one has it's new doors fitted.

brompton rail

I thought this was normally a double Voyager. Starts as it starts as 06.45 from York. However today it was cancelled at Exeter due to high seas at Dawlish. Probably the sets produced to work it from Plymouth came from various eastbound trains that were cancelled. Only XC HSTs made it to Plymouth this morning - 06.11 from Leeds was half hour late arriving.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
I thought this was normally a double Voyager. Starts as it starts as 06.45 from York. However today it was cancelled at Exeter due to high seas at Dawlish. Probably the sets produced to work it from Plymouth came from various eastbound trains that were cancelled. Only XC HSTs made it to Plymouth this morning - 06.11 from Leeds was half hour late arriving.

I've just had a nosy at Tiger train times for Darlington and the Dundee train (1S49 I think) said 6 coaches. So 1V50 must have terminated at Bristol Temple Meads.

Established Member
1S53 booked a HST however due to XC02 not being available for traffic and to balance sets it's a 10 Car Voyager with coach L locked OOU.

StarCrossing

Hi folks. Could someone in the know please advise on the XC HST diagrams for Sunday 9th February? It looks like there are diversions in place that day. Thanks in advance.

sufian123

Hi folks. Could someone in the know please advise on the XC HST diagrams for Sunday 9th February? It looks like there are diversions in place that day. Thanks in advance.

0810 Leeds-Plymouth via Lichfield (booked)
0900 Leeds-Plymouth via Lichfield (diverted) 1527 Plymouth-York

EdHST

Hello, could anyone please tell me which cross country service will be a HST on the 14Feb? As I’m travelling from Bristol to Birmingham and I’ve always wanted to try the XC HST. many thanks in advance

Established Member
Hello, could anyone please tell me which cross country service will be a HST on the 14Feb? As I’m travelling from Bristol to Birmingham and I’ve always wanted to try the XC HST. many thanks in advance
1S51, 1E63 and 1E73 on the Northbound.

EdHST

Could anyone tell me times for XC HST Northbound and southbound on 22Feb(Sat) please?

jazzy

I'd like to travel from PLY to BRI by HST on Sunday 23rd February and I've consulted Frequently requested diagrams but can't find the referenced services (1S51 1225 Plymouth to Glasgow Central, 1S55 1425 Plymouth to Edinburgh and 1E63 1523 Plymouth to York). Am I doing something wrong or are the normal services not running on that day?

Thanks!

DannyMich2018

Could anyone tell me times for XC HST Northbound and southbound on 22Feb(Sat) please?
I believe there are just two diagrams for winter Saturdays currently:- 6.11 Leeds-Plymouth and 12.25 Plymouth-Glasgow and 6.33 Dundee-Plymouth and 17.27 Plymouth-Leeds. This may change due to any engineering works of course on any given day.

Established Member
I'd like to travel from PLY to BRI by HST on Sunday 23rd February and I've consulted Frequently requested diagrams but can't find the referenced services (1S51 1225 Plymouth to Glasgow Central, 1S55 1425 Plymouth to Edinburgh and 1E63 1523 Plymouth to York). Am I doing something wrong or are the normal services not running on that day?

Thanks!
Engineering works mean those services aren't running as those headcodes.

Rich McLean

Established Member
Saturday 22nd Feb

1V44 0536 Leeds - Plymouth (via Lichfield TV)
1S52 1227 Plymouth - Edinburgh Waverley (via Lichfield TV)

1V52 0700 Edinburgh Waverley - Plymouth (via Lichfield TV)
1E67 1627 Plymouth - Leeds (via Lichfield TV)

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
On Twitter, XC said to someone that they're not able to convey bicycles due to the train (06:11 Leeds to Plymouth) being formed of 6 coaches. But there's a Coach G which is a bit odd as that's the bicycle coach. The person was catching the 08:52 from Cheltenham to Bristol (not sure which Bristol though).

Unless Coach G was taken out and a normal Standard Class coach was put in its place.

If Coach G was the normal TGS then why would cycle reservations be cancelled?

I'd copy the tweet which is just now virtually but I don't really want to copy a tweet onto a public forum, sorry.

Edit: Apparently catering stuff was loaded in Coach G - sorry but there's Coach B for that which had a static trolley when I was last on an HST just over a month ago from Exeter St. David's to Bristol Temple Meads.

Apologies, I'm not entirely familiar with how some things work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.