• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Many XC trains can reverse en route, hence why no forward or backwards facing options.

Oh I know that, just seemed odd that there's a normal way round for XC HST's. Makes sense as the correct way round for LNER trains is First Class at the London end and on both 5-car sets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Is the 11:27 Plymouth to Newcastle a HST today as it looks unusual on Journey Check?

Morpethcurve

I’m on a northeast 4 day rover, and both planned-for HSTs let me down today Sunday. I realise things change on the day.

if anyone in the know could tip me off re. the 1S51 (1225 ex PLY) on Monday 2nd, I’ll plan for that somewhere after SHF.

I know I can ask someone to check TRUST, but was misled on the above train. Maybe it was substituted mid route.

many thanks- Morpethcurve

Established Member
I’m on a northeast 4 day rover, and both planned-for HSTs let me down today Sunday. I realise things change on the day.

if anyone in the know could tip me off re. the 1S51 (1225 ex PLY) on Monday 2nd, I’ll plan for that somewhere after SHF.

I know I can ask someone to check TRUST, but was misled on the above train. Maybe it was substituted mid route.

Engineering works affected the HST diagrams yesterday along with some disruption in the Sheffield area which lead to two Leeds starts starting at Derby.

Established Member

There was only 2 planned HSTs yesterday in the North East which ran as booked...

Morpethcurve

There was only 2 planned HSTs yesterday in the North East which ran as booked...

I must have duff gen then. I waited for 1V56 and 1S51 on Sunday, bowled on both. I did pass another southbound, unexpected (by me) mid a-noon.

How about Tues 3rd - I’m expecting 1V64 (1307 ex EDB) and 1S51 (1225 ex PLY) to be HSTs. 1V50 and 54 will not be achievable, too early, since I start at NCL.

Any info for Tues would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I must have duff gen then. I waited for 1V56 and 1S51 on Sunday, bowled on both. I did pass another southbound, unexpected (by me) mid a-noon.
With hindsight, Sunday was a day when engineering diversions near Birmingham meant the northern destinations were swapped between Plymouth and Bournemouth/Reading origins. So for example 1S51 ran in normal times through Newcastle, but came up from Reading so couldn’t be an HST. AFAICT 1V56 started at New St towards Plymouth...

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
How about Tues 3rd - I’m expecting 1V64 (1307 ex EDB) and 1S51 (1225 ex PLY) to be HSTs. 1V50 and 54 will not be achievable, too early, since I start at NCL

1V64 is not booked an HST on Tuesdays. Here are the HST diagrams for Tuesdays - subject to change on the day of course (as 1S51 was today!).

Tuesday/Wednesday
1V44 0611 Leeds to Plymouth / 1S51 1225 Plymouth to Glasgow Central
1V50 0606 Edinburgh to Plymouth / 1E63 1525 Plymouth to Leeds

On Moderation
Oh I know that, just seemed odd that there's a normal way round for XC HST's. Makes sense as the correct way round for LNER trains is First Class at the London end and on both 5-car sets.
The HST sets are on diagrams that don’t normally reverse/turn en-route with only 2-4 diagrams.

The Voyagers are common ‘user’ and have a couple more diagrams than the HSTs. They don’t generally cycle through the daily diagrams.

43 302

Established Member
I've been on an HST that reversed at Gloucester before, can't remember the diagram but it was booked as an HST which is why I booked that train.
The HST sets are on diagrams that don’t normally reverse/turn en-route with only 2-4 diagrams.

The Voyagers are common ‘user’ and have a couple more diagrams than the HSTs. They don’t generally cycle through the daily diagrams.

duffield

Established Member
This coming Sunday (8th March) we've got diversions between Cheltenham and Bristol Temple Meads via Newport/Severn Tunnel. No destination swaps this time because the diversion adds nearly 1 hour.

Morpethcurve

Out again tomorrow (weds), and I’d be jolly grateful for the HST diagrams for the 4th.

many thanks - Morpethcurve

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.