• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Looks like it's the past 2 and past 6 off Plymouth today. Completely different from the rest of the week.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Looks like only one set is out today as 15:27 Plymouth to Leeds is 5 vice 7 on Journey Check.

Established Member
Southbound 0606 Edinburgh to Plymouth is to got to Laira Depot so 2 sets were out this morning.
It's a miracle it even got that far this morning. It was very nearly failed by at least 3 different people with completely different faults before departure this morning.

Established Member
It's a miracle it even got that far this morning. It was very nearly failed by at least 3 different people with completely different faults before departure this morning.
It's done well considering as it was on time most of the way.

Established Member
Anyone have the allocations for today?
1V44, 1S51 XC03 with 301 & 366
1V50 possibly 1E63 XC01 with 357 & 303

Information from Facebook and posted early this morning.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
1V44 0611 Leeds to Plymouth and 1S51 1225 Plymouth to Edinburgh formed Voyager today due 43357 failed on Neville Hill Depot

Jamesrob637

Established Member
The usual again today according to Journey Check albeit one set has a carriage out of service.

43 302

Established Member
One set was running around as 2+6 the other day, 43321 + 43207. Does anyone know what set it was?

Thunderer

Can anyone advise me please what the Saturday/Sunday diagrams are for the XC HST's in these strange times? Many thanks.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Thank you 221129 - I thought that may be the case. I'm really missing my usual trips this time of year on the XC HST's down to Devon. Its a real treat now HST's are becoming rarer.
From what I understand the plans is for more XC HSTs to be used once we get back to some kind of normal.
It was explained to me the other day that the reason for the extra power cars is that power cars tend to run 7000 miles between exams, whereas trailers run twice that. This means that the extra pair of power cars can swap out at the end of say week 1, then the set stops for exam at the end of say week 2. In the meantime week 1s powercars will be fresh off exams to relieve another pair, and so on.

Thunderer

From what I understand the plans is for more XC HSTs to be used once we get back to some kind of normal.
It was explained to me the other day that the reason for the extra power cars is that power cars tend to run 7000 miles between exams, whereas trailers run twice that. This means that the extra pair of power cars can swap out at the end of say week 1, then the set stops for exam at the end of say week 2. In the meantime week 1s powercars will be fresh off exams to relieve another pair, and so on.
Thanks for the info. Yes I think they are getting 43208/239 but last I heard they were still at Eastleigh being prepared for XC. I think their plan is to use 4 out of the 5 sets regularly when things get back to normal? Thats great news.

class 9

Thanks for the info. Yes I think they are getting 43208/239 but last I heard they were still at Eastleigh being prepared for XC. I think their plan is to use 4 out of the 5 sets regularly when things get back to normal? Thats great news.
Yes that's the plan, I think it was due to start from December, but has been put back a bit due to the current situation.

lammergeier

Yes that's the plan, I think it was due to start from December, but has been put back a bit due to the current situation.

I hope it won't be put back, and I don't see why it should be. The relevant drivers and TMs along the route sign HST's already and it would appear the government wants longer trains to run in order to maintain social distancing as much as possible. The final set is ready, the only thing that I imagine might cause an issue is the readiness of the two spare ex LNER power cars shich are being fettled at Eastleigh in readiness. I've not heard how things are progressing there, but they've had them a good while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.