• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry Senior Conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esurient

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there are any Senior Conductors on here from Crosscountry?

Recently had the interview, which I've managed to pass. I've been given a date for the Senior Conductor training but of course, I have my medical first, which I have no worries about!

I'm nervous about it all but definitely excited too! I'm 25, I used to work in my local station when I was in my twenties through the agency but I've been driving HGVs for the past 4 years, so i'm definitely excited to be getting back into the Railway.

Anyone else work for CrossCountry or as a guard for another TOC etc?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Hi folks,

Just wondering if there are any Senior Conductors on here from Crosscountry?

Recently had the interview, which I've managed to pass. I've been given a date for the Senior Conductor training but of course, I have my medical first, which I have no worries about!

I'm nervous about it all but definitely excited too! I'm 25, I used to work in my local station when I was in my twenties through the agency but I've been driving HGVs for the past 4 years, so i'm definitely excited to be getting back into the Railway.

Anyone else work for CrossCountry or as a guard for another TOC etc?

Many thanks!

No, but I know quite a few guards and XC staff, and some who are both guards and XC staff - a bunch of thoroughly nice, level-headed people

L.M_DannyC

I used to be a guard at XC but now moved to a different company driving. In my opinion it's a great place to work, really nice routes and a cracking bunch of people to work with. Congrats on getting the job!

Esurient

Thanks for the reply guys! I was getting overly worried for nothing, as I never heard anything back from the medical for about 10 days (the nurse said the results would be back early next week, so I imagined maybe 4 days to hear back) but the paperwork dropped through my door yesterday!

Will be looking forward to starting training a week tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.