• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Staff Travel: At Birmingham New Street do any other TOCs accept your facilities for home to work travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highspeedfreak

Can any Crosscountry Birmingham new Street staff tell me if any other TOC's accept your staff travel facilities for home to work travel please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lammergeier

Can't help exactly as I'm not based at New St but since we get reciprocal travel with Chiltern I'd imagine you'd be ok with them. There were some temporary residential travel agreements with EMR and GWR for staff during the Covid fuss but AFAIK nothing official with any other operators in the West Mids.

Highspeedfreak

Can't help exactly as I'm not based at New St but since we get reciprocal travel with Chiltern I'd imagine you'd be ok with them. There were some temporary residential travel agreements with EMR and GWR for staff during the Covid fuss but AFAIK nothing official with any other operators in the West Mids.
thanks for that very helpful

StaffsPM1

You get residential travel on all Arriva TOCs (I work for Chiltern and can travel to/from work with XC)

Undiscovered

Generally, if you have a quiet word with the guard of whatever train you're getting, they'll let you on.

If you're a guard or have PTS/ Safety Critical skills, do mention it as it's always nice to know there's someone else about if needed. I may not, but there's that unwritten 'understanding' that you'll help out if things go pear shaped.

Established Member
Get hundreds of XC staff jumping on LNR/WMR local & regional services across the middle area of the network. Officially, not valid. Unofficially, when wearing full, obvious uniform, isn't a problem - but as a courtesy, always ask the Senior Conductor first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.