• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry Trainee Driver vacancies nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Potato185

Funnily enough just as you've posted this I've had an email from XC saying that they're interested in learning more about me and that I need to keep an eye on my emails in the next 2-4 weeks for updates.

Anyone else?

Giz

I just got it too from system administrator, just saying application received. Let's see what happens, good luck.

L.R.92

Funnily enough just as you've posted this I've had an email from XC saying that they're interested in learning more about me and that I need to keep an eye on my emails in the next 2-4 weeks for updates.

Anyone else?
Me too

ToonSupa123

I’ve received the same email. I’m guessing most will. Seemed a very basic application. Uploading CV and cover letter. Next step will probably be the standard application questions.

Jahn

Mee too, but I've had experience like this with another role and it sometimes goes way beyond 2 - 4 weeks.
I've also got a senior Conductor application in progress. Fingers crossed for either one.

Established Member
They are recruiting for other roles which are ahead in priority over this one. There is only a small recruitment team, so you'll all need to be patient and sit tight.

Giz

Anyone have any experience of CrossCountrys recruitment process? There appears to be very little in the forum.
The ad stated 'The recruitment process will involve several factors, including a review of your application, some rules and safety tests, an assessment centre and a safety critical medical'

Just wondering what the 'rules and safety tests' would be like.

Alanbishop

Yep!

A passage to read then 3 questions to answer on each. All the info to answer the questions is in the passage. Feel I’ve done pretty well.

Was there a set time for each question or the entire test?

I've had the invitation to complete the test also.

Potato185

I'm the same - got my tests to do. Annoyingly I'm away tonight and all of tomorrow so will have to do it Friday morning otherwise I'll do doubt forget...

SEASBIGBURY19

Just got an invite and completed online RAAT test for this position. Anyone else??
I’ve got one too, I completed a RAAT test from another TOC though so I’m concerned if I do this and fail will that override a previous pass?

Supertrains19

My limited understanding is that as this is an OPC test then yes any result whether better or worse would be over ridden hence why most advice on here is only to apply for one position if undertaking OPC assessments, once you have passed be it enhanced or standard then you can apply to your hearts content only held back by the TOCS own requirements, ie 6 months from rejection at DMI interview and length of time since testing, OZC say 5 years some TOCS only take 2 years before resetting tests.

SEASBIGBURY19

My limited understanding is that as this is an OPC test then yes any result whether better or worse would be over ridden hence why most advice on here is only to apply for one position if undertaking OPC assessments, once you have passed be it enhanced or standard then you can apply to your hearts content only held back by the TOCS own requirements, ie 6 months from rejection at DMI interview and length of time since testing, OZC say 5 years some TOCS only take 2 years before resetting tests.
Question is then.... Does anyone know the cross country HR contact number?

I had the email saying they want to know more about me wait 2-4 weeks however I haven’t had the RAAT test. I wonder if I will get one

Just got an email saying I am unsuccessful after getting an email saying they want to get to know me more?! Oh well maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.