• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry Trainee Driver vacancies nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D Rivers

Has anybody got a link to the job description or a screen shot of the job advert with the description on it??

Potato185

Starting salary £28,464 rising to £37,713 upon completion of basic training.

Train Drivers are at the very heart of our business and we look to recruit the very best people to join the team to ensure a safe, reliable and punctual service to our customers.

As a trainee, you can expect to receive a comprehensive training programme and support to enable you to progress into a fully qualified driver.

As you would imagine the criterion to become a trainee driver are tough and all applicants will have to follow several stages of a process following initial application stage.

To be eligible to apply you must:

• Have a minimum of 3 years railway operational experience.
• Be aged 20 ½ or older.
• Be able to comply with the relevant Rail Industry Standard for the role.
• Be prepared to live away from home from Monday to Friday for the first 14 weeks of the training course.
• Have previously demonstrated a positive, can-do attitude at work.
• Be able to commit to the full 32 week training programme starting on May 18th or June 1st 2020.

The recruitment process will involve several factors, including a review of your written application, some rules and safety tests, an assessment centre and a safety critical medical.

SJN

I’ve already done all the tests last year so just waiting really until they sort everyone else out.

StevieH

I’ve already done all the tests last year so just waiting really until they sort everyone else out.
I'm in the same boat but they haven't been in touch. Just thought they were slow due to coronovirus.

Potato185

Spoke to HR the other day. OPC are currently out of their offices due to the virus issue so it's going to be a while for them to tell XC results for people. I think it's going to be a case of sit tight and wait for it all to blow over. They haven't forgotten us!

D Rivers

They rang me on Friday to say I’ve passed the interview and will need to go for tests. It’s provisionally booked in May. Hopefully be back up and running by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.