• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Voyager fire Derby 18 Jul 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
What is the latest on 221127?
Still at Central Rivers but is now more towards the front of the Depot not hidden at the back. I don't think theirs an engine on the affected vehicle still so I think it will be a while before it come back out.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Still at Central Rivers but is now more towards the front of the Depot not hidden at the back. I don't think theirs an engine on the affected vehicle still so I think it will be a while before it come back out.

Could it at least be operated as a 4 car unit for the time being?

Dave91131

Does anybody know whether this unit is back in service? Thanks in advance for any info.

sufian123

Whereabouts?

At the main depot Barton under needs wood. In south Staffordshire. Closest station is Barton on Trent. It’s in repair. According to a person from the depot i know. It’s right inside the shed. If they bring it out you might see it from the train.

Minilad

Established Member
At the main depot Barton under needs wood. In south Staffordshire. Closest station is Barton on Trent. It’s in repair. According to a person from the depot i know. It’s right inside the shed. If they bring it out you might see it from the train.

I know where CZ is. I am an XC driver! I meant whereabouts on the depot it is as I haven't seen it for awhile. Either inside or outside

bnsf734

I was on the M1 today around Watford Gap and saw what I assume to be the DMSL of 221127 heading south on a low loader so perhaps its trip to Ilford has come. Unfortunately I couldn't get the number to confirm - its hard enough from a platform let alone an 8 lane M1 motorway! There was a boarded up window on the left hand side, which would be about the position of the fire looking at photos in this thread.

JamesT

Established Member
Surely the voyagers are reaching the end of their life expectancy???

You're joking, right? They're not even 20 years old. 30-40 years seems to be the usual lifespan expected of rolling stock, so they've plenty of life left in them.

diffident

You're joking, right? They're not even 20 years old. 30-40 years seems to be the usual lifespan expected of rolling stock, so they've plenty of life left in them.

...For properly built machines! The voyagers are nothing more than a hornby trainset up-scaled in dramatic fashion!

DanDaDriver

...For properly built machines! The voyagers are nothing more than a hornby trainset up-scaled in dramatic fashion!

I will guarantee they’re in better nick than most HST’s, even if spotters don’t like the windows or whatever.

philthetube

Established Member
You really cannot blame the voyagers for sustaining damage when hitting a deer.

M60lad

How is having 3 sets (Voyagers) out of service affecting potential service levels at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.