• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Voyager 'refresh'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprite

Will the refresh include new vinyls as the current ones seem to be wearing , or at least the few I saw at York yesterday were showing a few patches of red where the vinyl was wearing through (near grab handles, roof and stuff).

Bridge189

Refresh... Said refresh shold be undertaken at Booths!

To be fair a heavy refurb job which includes the abolition of the underfloor diesel engine noise through electric sections and maybe as I have mentioned a new shop area and deeper overhead luggage racks should make them semi adequate. Dong understand why XC don't take full use of their HSTs.

To be honest I doubt the voyagers will be around on XC in the longer term. If the MML does go inter urban EMU then I can see EMTs 222s going to XC to displace the voyagers to secondary routes.

83G/84D

Established Member
The loo's on the XC Voyagers are terrible, they smell and have awful hand dryers the take ages to actually dry your hands. What is wrong with paper towels or a roller towel as per FGW HST's?

Why do they all have to be disabled accessible and take up so much space?

Electronic reservations frequently either don't work at all or display the wrong information, bad move getting rid of the "shop" as the catering trolley takes ages to get through the train if it gets through at all.

Can't get amobile phone signal on the train very often and the built in entertainment system that Virgin used to operate dosen't work anymore on XC services.

Never enough seats or luggage space for long distance routes, should all be 6 -7 cars.

I hope that whoever takes over when the franchise expires makes some significant improvements to the trains used on this route but not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.