• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry's Booking Engine - Unable to select seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

It's doing my head in! Trying to book and reserve 2 Adults and 1 Child return from Newbury to Derby for someone.

Select the right trains and all goes ok, then get to seats. For some reason every time I try to change the seats to somewhere else it takes ages and then says 'unable to fulfill request'. Then when you try again it says 'Unable to reserve seats, choose another'. Choose another one. Same things keeps happening. Go back out and try again. Now all the seats I have clicked on are magically taken!

BUT if I delete the transaction and re-start it the seats become available again?! What am I doing wrong? Is there any other site I might be able to book and reserve seats on (as in select them myself) apart from crosscountry...?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
And clearing your cache.
Are you using the CrossCountry booking system? Are you trying to get seats together after having been allocated ones apart?

Captain Chaos

I have just tried Firefox and get the same thing.

It keeps giving me table seats which is not what they want, so I go to change the seats by clicking on an available seat and it won't let me do it. Doesn't matter which seat I click on, it always says unable to fulfill request and then seat unavailable.

One of the seats I clicked on earlier has now been taken too!

Yes, I am using the crosscountry booking engine.

I will try and clear the cache and see what happens.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Nope. Still says unable to fulfill request, followed by unable to reserve seats.

GadgetMan

I have just tried Firefox and get the same thing.

It keeps giving me table seats which is not what they want, so I go to change the seats by clicking on an available seat and it won't let me do it. Doesn't matter which seat I click on, it always says unable to fulfill request and then seat unavailable.

One of the seats I clicked on earlier has now been taken too!

Yes, I am using the crosscountry booking engine.

I will try and clear the cache and see what happens.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Nope. Still says unable to fulfill request, followed by unable to reserve seats.

I've just tried a Newbury to Derby Advance single for a random date in April for 1 adult and 1 child. Managed to pick my own seat no problem. Came back as successful immediately. I'm using safari.

Captain Chaos

No idea what's causing it. Tried IE and Firefox to no avail. Went down to Newbury Station with the desired services and seat numbers written down and booked no problem in the end.

Very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.