• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenmarkRail

Again, I’m sure we’ll learn more about whether or not it’s all on schedule on the open days this weekend.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Again, I’m sure we’ll learn more about whether or not it’s all on schedule on the open days this weekend.

I’ve missed the previous open days, but it would be great to have a look at the stations - I couldn’t find any reference to open days this weekend though! Are there likely to be any more before the service starts?

plcd1

I’ve missed the previous open days, but it would be great to have a look at the stations - I couldn’t find any reference to open days this weekend though! Are there likely to be any more before the service starts?

You need to "sign up" to the Crossrail mailing list via the Crossrail website. They E mail you about the visits but it seems you now have to reply within a nanosecond to get in. I've been on several visits but have missed out this time. There should be visits to Woolwich, Liverpool St / Moorgate, Bond St and Paddington but it depends on site progress. To date there's never been a full walk round the stations - Custom House got closest but even there you couldn't walk the full length of the platforms. The look at Farringdon was pretty restricted to be honest but still worthwhile. Still, in theory, only 5 months until it all opens anyway. :rolleyes:

DenmarkRail

Testing will start with internal TfL staff, and eventually moving to volunteers later on.

Also a provisional opening date is December 8th with a full service (Abbey Wood to Paddington) from December 9th.

Initial testing will be evacuation procedures, then moving onto core train testing (platform doors etc), and then station testing.

The guys seemed confident of an on time opening.

Class 170101

Established Member
No-one remembers the Jubilee Line Extension opening late these days. Or the fact that it opened in stages with Stratford - North Greenwich being the first stage and Westminster Station not opening until some time later, with trains running through non-stop, if I remember correctly.

It will be a bit embarrassing if Crossrail doesn't open on time but in a year or two all will be forgotten.

I do and remember Westminster opening at some point literally on top of Christmas. They were sweating that it wouldn't be open for New Year celebrations in 1999/2000.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Does the service shown here represent the start of dynamic testing from the western portal at Royal Oak all the way through the core to Customs House?
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G30021/2018/07/29/advanced
You started this thread with the best intentions, but there is yet another new Crossrail discussion in ‘allocations and timetables’ about the paths now appearing in RTT.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/crossrail-services-in-rtt-on-sunday.167624/

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
For discussion of the delay to Crossrail's grand opening please use the dedicated thread that can be found here. This thread should be used for to discuss the testing efforts rather than the delay itself.

itfcfan

On the Class 345 progress thread, it was reported that trains were seen yesterday just outside the Royal Oak portal:
I spotted 031 and 032 sitting just outside the western portal this morning. Are they running testing through the core now?

Is anyone aware of testing being carried out between the Royal Oak portal and the core? If so, I believe this would be a first.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I think you’re far more likely to get news of testing in the 345 rolling stock thread, because the traction moves are about all that’s ever visible to the public. If RTT then shows moves through the core then that’s a bonus.

matt_world2004

Established Member
I've seen late night runs ECS moves of the class 345 go between maidenhead and Paddington . I also saw a class 345 broken down (Well not moving for a long time ) at the Heathrow junction ramp. And there have been class 345s stabled tunnel side at Westbourne park

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I've seen late night runs ECS moves of the class 345 go between maidenhead and Paddington . I also saw a class 345 broken down (Well not moving for a long time ) at the Heathrow junction ramp. And there have been class 345s stabled tunnel side at Westbourne park
The sort of thing which usually gets mentioned in the 345 rolling stock forum thread of course. The OP of this thread requested it be specifically to discuss systems testing in the core, which is why the thread is practically unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.